New iOS app

Too bad it doesn’t work on iOS7 :frowning:

I could update my 4s to iOS9 but it’s already so slow sometimes…

Add please, pete.karr@gmail.com

please add me to the beta testing, my busy schedule would really appreciate wanikani on the go

juliandmitchell@yahoo.com
 or judmitch9@aol.com

please please add me  to the beta

Juliandmitchell@yahoo.com

{"12_hours_i":false,"sort_rad_i":false,"sort_burn_i":false,"sort_kan":true,"sort_kan_lessons":true}
Begin typing here...
judmitch9 said... please please add me  to the beta

Juliandmitchell@yahoo.com

dp0352 said... Add please, pete.karr@gmail.com
 https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wanikani/id1034355141?ls=1&mt=8 

Thank you for bringing the App to the App Store. I will give it a try :slight_smile: .

Brilliant App.

Just a few questions:

What are:

Features:

•  - Fast forward script.
  •  - Ignore button.
What do they do?

Elaboration on the front page might also help others in the future.

Murtada said... How do I download this?

I like your profile pic :D !!!!

Very nice to see an iOS app, but is this a third party app or part of the Wanikani team development?

nesdroc said... Very nice to see an iOS app, but is this a third party app or part of the Wanikani team development?
 Third party, as in the guy who made the first post.
Killerbacon said... Brilliant App.

Just a few questions:

What are:

Features:
  •  - Fast forward script.
  •  - Ignore button.
What do they do?

Elaboration on the front page might also help others in the future.
1. When Fast forward script is switched on: After you correctly answer a review item, app automatically moves to next review item, so it saves you 1 tap per review item (which is a lot). If you answer incorrectly, app will stop and show you item info, so no worries. 

2. When ignore button  is switched on, you will get this additional button in your reviews:

After you answered incorrectly, you can press this button to make WaniKani ignore your mistake.

This should be used for typos ONLY. This is cheating, and it’s addictive! This button exists only due lots of typos that we do on our iPhones!

Hope this cleared it out a bit.

I’m using a mobile app with the ignore button… maybe this is a different app you’re all using?

GenevieveStDenis said... I'm using a mobile app with the ignore button.. maybe this is a different app you're all using?
 Not sure what do you mean by that. But this app has ignore button, And I described how it works above.

Help,

I love this app, but decided to try out the other WaniKani app (Ketai Wani Kani).

And now this app no longer works, when I click an item to review, it just hangs and loads and nothing displays!

Anyone else noticed this?

Edit: Fixed it, deleted and re-installed the app, now it works! Think that must have happened to the person who gave it 1 star review in the app store as they had the same problem as me!

jaykotak said... Help,

I love this app, but decided to try out the other WaniKani app (Ketai Wani Kani).

And now this app no longer works, when I click an item to review, it just hangs and loads and nothing displays!

Anyone else noticed this?

Edit: Fixed it, deleted and re-installed the app, now it works! Think that must have happened to the person who gave it 1 star review in the app store as they had the same problem as me!
 Hm, thats weird. When I tried out Keitai WaniKani, both apps seems to work ok with each other.
I will investigate that. 

Thanks for pointing out!

I want to use this app, but it keeps bringing up game center screens that I cant seem to exit out of. “Submit to game center” button is constantly on the screen as well. Also, the lack of a button to go back to the main dashboard like the old app is annoying. Finally, as others have asked for, give us a lightning mode that asks us the reading and meaning right after each other. This makes mobile reviews so much more time efficient.

Kyoteren said... I want to use this app, but it keeps bringing up game center screens that I cant seem to exit out of. "Submit to game center" button is constantly on the screen as well. Also, the lack of a button to go back to the main dashboard like the old app is annoying. Finally, as others have asked for, give us a lightning mode that asks us the reading and meaning right after each other. This makes mobile reviews so much more time efficient.
 In the newer version, there is an option in settings to disable GameCenter.

Unfortunately AppStore review team keeps rejecting the new updates. I would suggest you to sign up as a beta tester and get new versions through TestFlight as many are doing.

Finally, as others have asked for, give us a lightning mode that asks us the reading and meaning right after each other.
That is the next user script that I'm working on. Also recommend to sign up as a beta tester to get updates ASAP. 

New version is available on AppStore https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wanikani/id1034355141?mt=8
It includes stroke order, kanji data and numerous bugs fixes.

Due to old login bug with new users who didn’t generated API key, it had tons of bad reviews (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ

New version resets reviews,  so if you use it and enjoy  it, I would really appreciate a review! ฅ(°ω°ฅ)

New version of WaniKani for iOS!

Now with reorder script and 3D touch shortcuts (if you have lessons or reviews).

Hello! I want to talk with you about possibly porting this app to Android. Do you have an email we could use to chat?