New Duolingo Stuff!

Thank you so much! Do you use them both and how often? I want to learn fast and like spending time on wanikani/duolingo etc but I’m afraid of burning myself out

And here I thought I finished it already…

But how in the world did you unlock all the new stuff…I see nothing!

PS: I checked on my laptop because I uninstalled the mobile app a long time ago :smiley:

1 Like

I got all the new material like 2 or 3 months ago. Before it was a mediocre app, now I think it’s actually good. I’m about half way through everything, and I implement my own SRS. I get each topic to red before I start on the next one, and then once I have one on orange, I periodically go back to slowly work it up to gold.

It still has its faults, but it’s much better than it used to be, and even just recently they also added a male voice, so for every line it randomly chooses between having the woman or the man read it.

I also make it more challenging for myself, by always looking away when it reads the sentences aloud, rather than reading along with the Japanese.

2 Likes

I’ve been recently going through it. I got the new tree forever ago but hated Duo’s E-J so much I never used it again, haha. It’s definitely better than what it was, but there’s still a ton of issues. If you’re new to Japanese, I feel like this is only gonna mess you up more. There’s a lot of translations they don’t accept, in both directions. There’s countless audio problems, if the audio exists at all. Still feels like a beta course to me. I’m curious about the new content though, so I’ll keep working through it, but it’s a struggle, haha.

2 Likes

Bunpro doesn’t eat up near the time as Wanikani and since there’s less grammar points than Kanji, you can take it a bit slower IMO. I use the Bunpo app on the weekend to mainly help reinforce what I already know after just letting SRS do it’s thing with Bunpro.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.