New Community Guidelines ✨

You’ve probably noticed we’ve been making a few changes on WaniKani (check out some of our new updates here). In line with the direction that WaniKani has taken, alongside questions and feedback we’ve received about the forum rules, we as a team decided that it’s time for an update. You can find the new Community Goals and Guidelines here!

28 Likes

Campfire isn’t indexed by search engines, though, is it?

13 Likes

No, just the categories that you can see without logging in.

12 Likes

I would like a guideline for casual fridays

8 Likes

I’ve been wanting to ask you mods about the pg-13 guideline. Me and @DIO-Strawberry have been thinking about doing a book club for a manga series, but it is 18+ there is no two ways about that. How do you view this and what are your suggestions?

(we’ve already talked about just not doing translation on any sex scenes, but rather the extensive plot. Or use Discord for any questions that might arise for that. And obviously to use spoiler tags liberally during discussions. I guess we should also add additional warnings to make it clear what content to expect for anyone wanting to buy the manga and follow along and read with us.)

But, more principally, is there a problem with us doing a book club for content that is 18+?

10 Likes

For things like the book clubs that can involve discussing 18+ topics / topics that would warrant content warnings, so long as you provide warnings beforehand and hide any content under the [spoiler] or [detail] tag it’s fine :+1: (And if you aren’t sure, feel free to send us an email and we can look into it)

19 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply! We’ll be careful and try to use common sense of course. :slight_smile: And I’ll email if there are more specific questions I need to ask.

But for now it’s just good to know that this isn’t a big no-no, but we can go ahead with the idea. ^>^

8 Likes

Very happy to see explicit rules on stuff like ableism, and well structured sections now, it’s lovely and clear.

I came for that stuff, I stayed for the lovely illustrations. I’ll miss seeing World Order there though, hehe.

20 Likes

Welp, another good forum bites the dust.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates in guidelines Team :slight_smile:

And thanks for being supportive of the community members :bowing_man: :bowing_woman:

It’s not easy being on the internet, but you folks make it enjoyable :grin:

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu :raised_hands:

6 Likes

I didn’t notice a rule forbidding us from asking about section titles :thinking:

So what are those anyway? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

13 Likes

Good catch!

Let’s talk about sects, baby!

12 Likes

Yes, very glad that such things are explicitly mentioned. :blush:

5 Likes

I used to have the unique title Redgular because I’m a Regular and a Redglare. But it got kidnapped by the evil Church of Crabigatorism :skull_and_crossbones:

8 Likes

You’ll always be Redgular to me

9 Likes

14e6ccb7-a24e-4276-b1a7-11ca9fe8aa9b

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.