My Katakana vocab deck January update better than ever

O SHIT ITS BACK!! BETTER THAN EVER
[editing out rick roll link]

Awesome, thanks!

Great idea! Will be using it soon :wink:
Congrats

Does it have manga sound effects?
This is perfect for me, I just decided to solidify my katakana this week.  I know all of Hiragana, but I got greedy and went straight to kanji after that, so I still need to learn the katakana.  This will give me some good practice.

SilverFen said... Does it have manga sound effects?
This is perfect for me, I just decided to solidify my katakana this week.  I know all of Hiragana, but I got greedy and went straight to kanji after that, so I still need to learn the katakana.  This will give me some good practice.
 It does not contain any  onomatopoeia, only actual vocabulary
There is already a deck for sound effects that has 570 cards, but I didn't make it.

Just an update on this, I’ll start working on a reverse Katakana vocab that requires you to type your answer a la Wanikani style. I’ll post it here when it is done.

You see “surprise”

You type サプライズ and it compares your answer.  If you type kana  wrong they will be marked and you put the usual hard/good/fail buttons depending on how you did.

Apraxas said... Just an update on this, I'll start working on a reverse Katakana vocab that requires you to type your answer a la Wanikani style. I'll post it here when it is done.

You see "surprise"

You type サプライズ and it compares your answer.  If you type kana  wrong they will be marked and you put the usual hard/good/fail buttons depending on how you did.
This will be great.

Ah! Thanks so much for making this!
I always think I’m better at reading Katakana then I actually am. xD
So this will be good practice. :3

Apraxas said... Just an update on this, I'll start working on a reverse Katakana vocab that requires you to type your answer a la Wanikani style. I'll post it here when it is done.

You see "surprise"

Yes please! 

ddd

why would you apologize for X-rated terms? I remember them the most LOL

Fiala said... why would you apologize for X-rated terms? I remember them the most LOL
 Idk, there is people everywhere that might flip out if they learn some lewd words that japs actually use ;3

If anybody has any other good source for katakana vocab I’d appreciate if you could tell me so I can hit the 1k words ^^

Kinda unrelated but has anyone tried to make the Anki SRS work like Wanikani? 

One of the things that bothered me with Anki was that the intervals were either too small or too big.

10 minutes->2 days->3 months I mean come on…

Satoshi said... Kinda unrelated but has anyone tried to make the Anki SRS work like Wanikani? 

One of the things that bothered me with Anki was that the intervals were either too small or too big.

10 minutes->2 days->3 months I mean come on...
 Yes you can edit those settings right here:

Just add the appropriate intervals to look like this in the "steps" setting. This one uses 10m 2 hrs, 4hrs, 8hrs 1d, and after that it is considered gurued and if you fail it will only return back to 1 day instead from 10 minutes

Ah, I appreciate that note about the settings and also thank you, Apraxas,  for your Anki katakana deck.  You might find this site useful and maybe can crib some words…it seems he also has an anki deck if you see bottom of the page.
http://www.manythings.org/japanese/kana/

This is excellent! Thanks so much :slight_smile: I’ve been learning Japanese for the last year and about half of my first new words I didn’t know! Great :smiley:

Lin said... Ah, I appreciate that note about the settings and also thank you, Apraxas,  for your Anki katakana deck.  You might find this site useful and maybe can crib some words...it seems he also has an anki deck if you see bottom of the page.
http://www.manythings.org/japanese/kana/

this will come in handy, I'll select the ones I think are cool, because some of them are frankly too weird LOL... and also a lot have words that we already have in proper kanji that we learn here so I'll skip those as well...

Thanks! If I ever decide to use Anki again this will come in handy.

Thanks, Apraxas. Downloaded it and will use it once I have more time on my hands.