My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK šŸ“– )

Congratulations, @jprspereira 恕悓怂

I can imagine you being this way because I see you are going to achieve so much more and you know it. Still, it is a great deal being this consistent and getting to level 60 at this speed. Thank you for being such an inspiration for all of us :blush:

2 Likes

Congrats, mate. Good job. Hereā€™s a small graduation present.

1 Like

Congrats @jprspereira!!! Never doubted youā€™d do it, I feel lucky to have been in the same ā€œclassā€ as you for the most part. If this was Haikyuu youā€™d definitely be Hinata lol. :smile: Thanks for all the motivation and inspiration, and good luck with your future studies!

2 Likes

congrats friendo. I really admire your consistence and effort. Wish you all the best :smiley:

1 Like

I remember when you started participating on the forums. I have this idea of you knowing more Japanese than me while being a lower level and I was like: damnnn I need to step up my gameee!! This to say that youā€™re someone I look(ed) up to :heart:

Thank you so much for your lovely words, they mean a lot of me :tomato: :heart_eyes: I promise to treasure tomatoes for all eternity :heart:

OMG :heart_eyes: haha! Well, Iā€™m totally okay with being your knight, just let me know :kissing_heart:

Hey, donā€™t feel bad about your progress. That progress existed and itā€™s there for you to take. No need to feel bad about our differences in progress either. Just know that if I did it, you can do it too. Weā€™re both human. That same progress awaits you :smiling_face::v:

Thank you for the kind words :heart: Canā€™t wait to see you up here :wink:

Itā€™s a weird habit of me :v::laughing:

Youā€™re doing great, no worries :smiling_face: Thanks for leaving such a lovely message :heart:

6 Likes

Yeah, I took a while sorry xD I wanted to have everything prepared (guide included), but life happened D: Much like I took too much time to answer back even though you congratulated me feels twice as guilty :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you :heart:

Hey :smiling_face: First of all, I want to thank you for your heartfelt message. It means a lot to me, it really does! Knowing that I was able to connect with you guys only makes me keep wantimg to move forward and do more! So thank you! Iā€™ll treasure your post :smiling_face:

I wasnā€™t always the ā€œcharismaticā€ guy. I was so shy that my nickname from high-school is ā€œshyā€ itself. But hey, I tried to improve myself and something did happen :smiling_face: So whatever demons youā€™re fighting, make sure to give all youā€™ve got. You donā€™t deserve any less than that. You deserve to be fought for :v::wink:

Thank you once again.

Thank you so much! It goes both ways! You guys help me more than you imagine :smiling_face:

Heeeey smartieee! Thanks for leaving me a message :smiling_face: Hope that one day youā€™re able to subscribe to WK! I wanna see you climbing those levels!! :muscle::sunglasses:

7 Likes

This is probably (and will be) my favorite thread on the forums. Everyoneā€™s so happy and sentimental and poetic and STILL being inspired/encouraged by the amazing WK Life Coach @jprspereira. ;w; -happy tears- sniff

5 Likes

JP skipped me. :confused: ā€¦ he never wouldā€™ve done this at level 06; but now that heā€™s 60, he just forgets about us like thatā€¦ grabs @Katznelsonā€™s hand, letā€™s get out of here.

5 Likes

Had to skip most of the comments because of da feels :sob::raised_hands::sweat_smile: congrats though!

1 Like

Hey toafk! :smiling_face: Thanks for leaving a message! Hope we get to know more of each other from now on and that you enjoy your Wanikani journey :smiling_face: Cheers!

Youā€™re a beaast :scream: And Iā€™m jealous :laughing: Well, no matter the end result, you did great and you should be proud :smiling_face: Enjoy your trip to Japan for me plz :v::laughing:

Great minds think alike :wink:

I tried Anki several times, but always ended up giving up. Now, Iā€™m just finishing the last lessons and Iā€™ll be going full force on Kitsun. Itā€™s currently on closed beta, but I was fortunate enough to be part of it. I can already see that this project will be like if Anki and Memrise had a child. If you have yet to check it out, please do! :wink: The creator is a hard working guy. If you get the chance you join the beta, youā€™ll be able to import the 6k/10k deck easily. The creator is developing a community shared decks function where youā€™ll easily be able to find a deck you want to learn and use it right away.

5 Likes

No joke, Iā€™ve got that forum post bookmarked but I hadnā€™t realized itā€™s closed beta :frowning:
Iā€™m definitely interested in finding something more user-friendly than Anki though, so Iā€™ll try it out if I can.

2 Likes

Iā€™m okay with leeches. At least half of them are just temporary leeches, soā€¦ Iā€™ve been using the leech training script, but not consistently. Might fix that now that I have more time.

Itā€™s insane how the number of reviews/days takes so long to go down right :scream::scream:

I have around 100 lessons, 200 reviews and 80 apprentice. Probably around 10 to 15 days to get it to 0. Iā€™ll also add my 2000 reviews on KW to the game cuz I need to get rid of them :joy: Didnā€™t do them during the fast levels :sweat_smile:

Make your registration on the website and let them know that youā€™re really interested in participating. Thatā€™s all I can say :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Congratulations!! What a nice feeling it must be after going for a year with the hectic rythm you were progressing.
I would say itā€™s your moment to calm down then, drink some sake and eat that cake :yum:

I was following that crazy 7 days per level routine for a while, so I can (only) guess what kind of review pile was waiting for you everyday, no matter how diligent you were the days before :sweat_smile: ā€¦

Iā€™ll be glad to hear what kind of routine youā€™ll get into nowā€¦ Iā€™ve found thereā€™s the switch from SRS style learning to immersionā€¦ So far WK is one of those items Iā€™m waiting to conquer in order to do more immersion and gradually forget that Iā€™m learning japanese, as much as I enjoying some stuff that happens to be in japanese.

Glad you made it! :cake::cake:

1 Like

The Anki hate is real! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Viva la Kitsun!

5 Likes

Tightly clasps @Gsaiā€™s hand lead the way :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Also, congrats Jpr! (albeit a few days late)

2 Likes

H-hey hey everyone! Did you hear? JP is level 60! We should all congratu-

Oh.

This user started on WK 8 days after me last year and has reached max level already. I am only level 10. What does that mean? Iā€™m his senior of course! Ok ok, Iā€™m just joking there. It really meansā€¦

ā€¦that everyone has their own pace and as long as you continue to try and never give up, you too can reach for the stars and touch them some day!

Congratulations JP and enjoy the rest. :smile:

8 Likes

Still waitingā€¦ :man_shrugging:

jk take your time, looking forward to the 先ē”Ÿā€™s guide :heart_eyes::durtle_love:

4 Likes

This is something im curious aboutā€¦ what syndrome could it be?
I might discover it myself when i hit that level

1 Like