My hesitation to subcribe

I don’t know about your financial situation but there is a 33% sale around Christmas every year for the lifetime and (I think also for the) yearly subscription. You could buy a yearly subscription and then buy the lifetime around christmas. The money that wasn’t used in the yearly description is automatically subtracted from the lifetime subscription. The Prorate is calculated to the second. This way you can save a lot of money.

2 Likes

In terms of onyomi vs kunyomi, I think in my brain I separate based on the color of the background. Generally onyomi is pink, kunyomi is purple. Or maybe it’s the other way around… Somehow my brain just knows.

Of course when it comes to reading, it is taking a LOT of time for me to figure out a word but the more I see an example, the better I am getting at it.

Besides what other people have suggested, there are alternatives like Anki or Memrise which also use SRS. They are both free to use.

they even made a full wanikani deck on Anki : )

I want to thanks everyone for taking time to reply y’all are awesome :pray:

I see a lot of people explaining the difference of the reading but my problem is that I understand and know them but I just can’t tell which one WK wants me to answer, which is messing with my progress. Sorry if it was unclear but anyways thanks it is always good to go over basic stuff all over again!

Thank you it will sure help!!

I didn’t know I could do that so thanks a lot! It is still a huge investment for me but I guess I’ll see around the sales.

oh I didn’t know it was a complete deck on Anki?? Thanks for letting me know I’ll be looking onto that since I already have Anki set up!

1 Like

One of the best things I’ve done for my study so far is using the Katakana Madness script. It changes each kanji’s on’yomi to katakana (which is normally how it’s done conventionally if you look up dictionaries: hiragana for kun’yomi; katakana for on’yomi).

It only works for the kanji (pink) items, it doesn’t change in vocabulary (purple) items since those use hiragana. It just changes the input if it asks for the on’yomi, and it still shows hiragana for the kun’yomi, so you can easily check that way which reading it’s asking for. If you need help with how to set up scripts, you can check this guide.

2 Likes

That sounds like a great script! I use the Tsurukame app, and it seems to do this for the pink onyomi – using katakana – and it does seem like it’s better for me to see it that way since that’s how it seems to be presented in kanji dictionaries and such.

@voshira Welcome!! :grinning: Nice to meet you, and thank you for the helpful article links. I’m looking forward to reading them! I’m having a lot of trouble with pacing myself, actually, so your post was very encouraging and inspiring. Thank you very very much for sharing what’s been working for you! All the best to you in your studies!
:tea:

3 Likes

@Slooshy Thank you for the warm welcome! I am glad it helped, all the best to your studies as well. :rainbow:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.