Muted topics still make alerts appear in the "Latest" view

So, the thread viet created doesn’t exist anymore, but I searched for the one @AnimeCanuck mentioned and I think I found it. Where like 2 years ago they knew the problem existed and were like “oh, yeah, we know about that and should probably do something.”

Is there any reason in particular viet’s doesn’t exist now?

I have no idea. I saw they closed my thread and redirected me to the old thread. It was still around last I checked.

Although the bug has been reported a while ago by someone else, the issue seems to require a major overhaul on part of their codebase, which is probably not a priority compared to other features/issues they have on their plate. This is just from my understanding of the whole thing. It is an open source project though, so if people want to go ahead and tackle it then they can.

Hmm, interesting to know…

@rfindley @tmahrt and any other coders…?

Ruby-on-Rails and Ember aren’t my area of expertise. Well, not yet, anyway. They are on my radar.

But I could learn them very quickly if, say, Tofugu/Viet needed a Ruby programmer to help with EtoEto :grin:

(Seriously, as a contractor, I’m often asked to become an expert on some new technology or framework. It’s actually my favorite part of the job! And, apparently, it works out well, because they keep hiring me for more work :slight_smile:)

2 Likes

Nice!!!

Yeah… I wasn’t aware what type of code it is. Someone on the forum does Ruby… I can’t remember who, though… Do you recall?

I don’t remember. But in the process of trying to refresh my memory, I ran across this little nugget:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/WK-like-system-of-TextFugu-reviews/483/2?u=rfindley

[^^^ Not sure why that’s not turning into a onebox]

(Yeah, I’ve had that happen to me more than a few times… Are you on mobile? Might be word-wrap making the link on “more than one line” by some weird technicality. I know for sure that’s the issue with pasting longer image links, for sure… Then I have to use HTML code around the link to get it to show up on mobile. Could be related.)

*goes to check out link*

EDIT: So should we ask Kochi about this, or leave him to the newer EtoEto?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.