Most recent Japanese word you've learned?

Neat. Thanks Syphus.

It makes sense too, 琴 and 囲棋 were both pretty high class things

Haha, yeah that’s where I learned it.
@TamanegiNoKame it IS Japanese, since it’s tested on the 漢字検定 (準1級)

Edit:

That’s what it literally is.

1 Like

ah yes, my favorite passtime.

I recently came across 麗しい which I feel like I’ve seen someone post on here before because I felt like I knew it and the reading sounded really familiar, but I don’t ever remember studying it. Came across it in youtube comments section aka the best place to study japanese (just behind amazon reviews).

4 Likes

I knew you had standards.

Except for the unending list of 四字熟語 that I got from the previously mentioned website, recently I came across
些か (いささか) “just a little bit”
The same text also used 儚い (はかない) “ephemeral”, one of my favorite word in pretty much every language.

4 Likes

Heh - Most recent English word you’ve learned? → Ephemeral.

Cheers mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a word but I just came across 東京特許許可局極東支部局長

Looking it up, it looks like there are a few variations of that tounge twister. As thats the one I came across, I’ll just share that. Was nice knowing every kanji in it. I think we are taight all those by like 25

4 Likes

I gave up halfway through reading this :sweat:

1 Like

作る - tsukuru (make)

2 Likes

外出ーがいしゅつーgoing out, leaving

入力ーにゅうりょく-input, entry

It is used in skype messenger when someone is typing in a response to tell you they are typing. (i.e. that is where I learned it. Not sure what other contexts it is used in though.)

You probably burned that a long time ago, that’s in WaniKani

You should probably gloss over burned vocab!

3 Likes

Haha wow. That is bad…:sweat_smile:. I wonder what else I forgot…where did I put my wallet again…???

2 Likes

WK keeps adding things though? Since it’s the early levels, it might have been after your time

1 Like

I learned that one as “trip” or “outing”, so I guess I learned something new about it by reading this.
@TamanegiNoKame look what showed up in my review today

Yeah, I had that one come up in my lessons when I was way past that level.

1 Like

I checked, and unfortunately I do not have that excuse…It is definitely burned which means I must have learned it at some point and then forgot it. Oh well. Relearning is good with me too. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

いたずら. I came across it in kana but it can be written as 悪戯.

@TamanegiNoKame is actually 1 level away from getting it on here. N3 word taught at level 60 lul

Edit: also 黒歴史

EDIT2: I just realized learning those two words really close together may have some implications. Its not that. Not even joking thats just a coincidence lol.

1 Like

置き鍼 - おきばり. essentially, “put needle.” …they’re the little round stickers with super short needles on them that the acupuncturist leaves on me for a couple of days after an appointment.

ごはん

1 Like

質感ーしつかんーfeel of a material

Haha, nice. I appreciate the trip, outing definition. That makes some sentences make more sense.

EDIT: @Vanilla As it turns out, I already know 悪戯 from reading amazon.jp reviews…though not sure if I could read it without the furigana…

1 Like