Most recent Japanese word you've learned?

試験結果 and 合格

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I spent way too long wondering why Leebo had just learned a level 33 word

3 Likes

Oh you are right, that is who he is! I could not for the life of me remember…

1 Like

Is the fact that I’m not level 60 nor named leebo nor part of the James Craburn sect enough to top people off? This is more effective than I thought it would be lol.

3 Likes

Famous last words.
Is it how it all began?

1 Like

switches profile to pretend to be leebo
people actually think im leebo

Was pretty much the history of it.

1 Like

That makes sense now.

Ah, yes. I have followed the whole process, but somehow I got confused seeing the message in this thread, as I thought it might have been before the:

This one will be super helpful in all future conversations with natives…起訴猶予.

2 Likes

Much useful, much wow :man_judge::woman_judge:

1 Like

不正 (ふせい)Means injustice. Just learned it on Wanikani. The word makes me think of batman and Gotham so I just like the word. Also, I just sped through about 38 lessons in one go. Is that too much or will I be ok?

1 Like

It reminds me of another word I learned recently, 琴棋詩酒
I tried it out in the wild, but people don’t get it. I guess they just lack class.

1 Like

Haha. Wait, is this even Japanese? I can’t find a definition for it. Are you sure it is not Chinese??

EDIT-it sounds great though, whatever it is. Harp-chess-poem-alcohol-ing sounds like a great time.

4 Likes

It’s definitely from long-ago China, but I don’t think it’s common in either language: 「琴棋詩酒」(きんきししゅ)の意味

1 Like

Neat. Thanks Syphus.

It makes sense too, 琴 and 囲棋 were both pretty high class things

Haha, yeah that’s where I learned it.
@TamanegiNoKame it IS Japanese, since it’s tested on the 漢字検定 (準1級)

Edit:

That’s what it literally is.

1 Like

ah yes, my favorite passtime.

I recently came across 麗しい which I feel like I’ve seen someone post on here before because I felt like I knew it and the reading sounded really familiar, but I don’t ever remember studying it. Came across it in youtube comments section aka the best place to study japanese (just behind amazon reviews).

4 Likes

I knew you had standards.

Except for the unending list of 四字熟語 that I got from the previously mentioned website, recently I came across
些か (いささか) “just a little bit”
The same text also used 儚い (はかない) “ephemeral”, one of my favorite word in pretty much every language.

4 Likes

Heh - Most recent English word you’ve learned? → Ephemeral.

Cheers mate :slight_smile:

1 Like