Mobile extension for saving words

My idea was for example if I would sit or walk somewhere I would be like, what is this called in Japanese. So I search lt up on jisho, know I want to know if there is a extension where can I can store this word to build up my vocubulary list.

1 Like

I use the app Midori on my phone as my dictionary, and it has a section to save words to lists. You can probably use that or a similar app to act as both your dictionary and a list.

3 Likes

Shirabe Jisho for ios has a favorite function (and flashcards built in), and Aedict for android also allows you to create vocab lists. Good thing about both these 2 dictionaries is that they work offline too.

4 Likes

I use Takoboto for Android.
When you search a word you can add it to a custom list and practice with flashcards as well.

1 Like

This app seems promising, thanks.

I had a question, canā€™t I just download the whole N5 of the kanji section, because I donā€™t see a download option.

Thereā€™s an ā€œexport to fileā€ option on the lists page, but I donā€™t know exactly what that will do. Probably will export all lists and then you have to filter what you want.

The best Android dictionary that Iā€™ve found so far has been ā€œAkebiā€. It also allows you to build up words into lists and upload it to a SRS platform like Kitsun or Anki.

2 Likes