Mnemonics? I'm offended!

Sorry :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Now this is a spicy thread. :ok_hand:

9 Likes

8 Likes

Yes, I prefer nice spicy wholesome threads where everyone can get along ^^

4 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of studying in Japan next year and the school is in Tokyo. This is a bit of an annoyance, but I want to think that by forcing myself to not use English I can at least mitigate the problem.

1 Like

first post, best post

6 Likes

Why taking the time to insult millennials, Iā€™m offended

5 Likes

That was indeed Heisigā€™s method

2 Likes

Iā€™m offended that youā€™re offended.

6 Likes

Darcinon恕悓ā€™s posts tend to always be the best posts. Naturally ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

2 Likes

Darcinonā€™s reaction to this compliment:

7 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™m not an easily-offended person, but Iā€™m in a job position where I have to hear these kind of complaints sometimes. And you know what? I donā€™t mind, but both sides have to be reasonable. If the girl in the OP tells me, ā€œIā€™m offended by that stereotype and Iā€™d rather you didnā€™t use itā€, then my answer canā€™t be ā€œwhat, you special snowflake, thatā€™s ridiculous Iā€™m going to keep using it itā€™s my free speech rights blah blah blahā€. I mean, OK. I know lots of words, I can use some different ones as a courtesy to you. No problem. But she also needs to understand I didnā€™t use it as a personal affront to her, I just didnā€™t know. Now I do, problem solved.

This is actually how most harassment cases start, someone says theyā€™re offended, and the other person refuses to listen. The ā€œrefuses to listenā€ part is the problem.

Hell, Iā€™d rather have someone say something than just be silently mad at me and I donā€™t know why. Thatā€™s a work relationship thatā€™s not going to be as effective as it could be. I donā€™t know any manager or teacher who would want that, if they think about it a little. Itā€™s sabotaging your own objective.

23 Likes

How about ā€œa woman likes a childā€? Factually correct as my wife likes our son. No stereotyping as itā€™s not all women and there is no ā€œmanā€ radical in there so we donā€™t have to consider the fact that a man might also like a child - although in our heads we know that is also true! Bingo!

Letā€™s not consider åؚ for now!

1 Like

Iā€™m not quite sure what this reaction is supposed to be but ok ^^
Is it cringe?
Is it happiness?
Is it pity?
I guess Iā€™ll never know :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

My title name is Antonio Banderas, and Iā€™m here to tell you that he I was experiencing good feels when I read your comment in that gif

3 Likes

I think itā€™s ā€œOMG, itā€™s so perfect i canā€™t even stand it, Iā€™m just going to sit here and revel in itā€

4 Likes

Oh okay. Thank you lol :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe WK needs a bigger disclaimer that outrageous mnemonics seem to be more effective?

ā€œDuring the course of study, we may potentially offend your sensibilities to help reinforce your memory of Kanji, Please be upset while not taking personal offense.ā€

Put that in your pen and vape it.

1 Like

But your son will not stay a child forever, so that mnemonic is offensive to people with lack of growth hormoneā€¦