Mixed experience with mnemonics

So that one doesn’t actually make a reference to someone specific you’d have to know, and I think it’s fairly memorable. But it should be rewritten to talk about a specific (fictional) character instead of generalizing to all males for sure. To be clear, I suggested using generic things, and not making such generalizations in the descriptions.

I agree kangaroo works better. It even has some visual clue to their jumping legs.

Same here. For 平ら I used “flat tire” as a mnemonic, to me it’s a lot more straightforward.

You’re right that if you can make up your own, it can be better. At the same time, it’s a lot of work, so the more that is already done for you well, the better.

1 Like

I have a similar issue with their mnemonic for かく - the word chosen would be pronounced こく (ahem) in the UK :eyes:

1 Like

i’m using the script “vocab beyond”, adds a list of additional words. really helpful.

3 Likes

This idea about djinn and ninja is working wonders for me since I read it. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Glad it’s helping someone else! :blush: I think perhaps I got the idea initially from @MissMisc…? :thinking:

5 Likes

I haven’t yet added djinns into my mnemonics (haven’t felt needed for jin), but the ninjas are making an appearance!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.