Meaning/Reading Coloring - Userscript Extension

Satoshi said... I've tried installing it but it doesn't work. 

Chrome: 26.0.1410.64 m
Tampermonkey: 
 weird, tried with the same version as you and it worked here.
do you have any other script installed?

Now that I have some reviews, here’s what the userstyle looks like.

Pick your poison :slight_smile: (I find the colors to be sufficient to get the point across without also making the font massive).

marcan said... Now that I have some reviews, here's what the userstyle looks like.
![](upload://d5WxO1u7go0fsgC74AVLjBLXfd6.png)

Pick your poison :) (I find the colors to be sufficient to get the point across without also making the font massive).
 its great, and a lot easier to develop just changing styles.

however i liked @Apraxas idea:
Apraxas said... I had a dream where they added very subtle effects to the bar and background. 

Whenever it wants meaning you will see faint Roman alphabet letters around, If it wants reading you will see hiragana around, inviting you to the correct side in a decorative way...

I mean... you could almost auto pilot if you had the letters around telling your brain the correct kind of characters you are supposed to be typing.
 in this way (i applied on version 0.2), seeing some japanese alphabet stimulates you to write in japanese (reading).
i tried a few reviews here, looks great.

FWIW, you can do quite a bit with styles only, even adding content like background text (check out the :before and :after CSS pseudo-elements).

alucardeck said...

Tampermonkey: 
 I have the wanikani scripts that penx made: "real times" and "real numbers". I even tried disabling stylebot (wanikani prettify) and still nothing. 
Satoshi said...
alucardeck said...

Tampermonkey: 
 I have the wanikani scripts that penx made: "real times" and "real numbers". I even tried disabling stylebot (wanikani prettify) and still nothing. 
Can you provide me your OS version and 32/64 bits ?

Can you check if my other userscript works?
/t/WaniKani-True-Result-Userscript-Extension/2195/1

also, can you try it on Firefox? (if you  have it installed on ur machine)
alucardeck said...
enharrin said...Alucardeck, your link to the script is broken (text looks right, but the link itself points to your other script).

As far as colors, it's pretty easy to edit the script yourself and pick whatever colors you want.
 Still getting the error? i installed from a different machine and it worked.
 I think he meant the actual link in your post goes to your other script "Wanikani true result" and not "Wanikani meaning/reading color".
That may be the reason it doesn't work for everyone. 
I tried it yesterday and it worked on Tampermonkey (and it didn't seem to interfere with both penx's scripts and mine).

(Also, thanks for introducing me to the "DOMNodeInserted" event, I needed that for a script ^^ ).
thenn42 said...
alucardeck said...
enharrin said...Alucardeck, your link to the script is broken (text looks right, but the link itself points to your other script).

As far as colors, it's pretty easy to edit the script yourself and pick whatever colors you want.
 Still getting the error? i installed from a different machine and it worked.
 I think he meant the actual link in your post goes to your other script "Wanikani true result" and not "Wanikani meaning/reading color".
That may be the reason it doesn't work for everyone. 
I tried it yesterday and it worked on Tampermonkey (and it didn't seem to interfere with both penx's scripts and mine).

(Also, thanks for introducing me to the "DOMNodeInserted" event, I needed that for a script ^^ ).
 Damn, that was so stupid of me... thanks for finding the error!

皆さん,  its fixed now ^^.

If you want something more subtle, you can add this to a stylebot sheet for wanikani.com:

h2.reading:after { padding-left: 20px; content: ‘読み方’; }

(all it does is add 読み方 after ‘Reading’: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1072027/Screenshots/Screen%20Shot%202013-05-21%20at%209.42.15%20…)

Hah, I just figured it out. It seems I installed your other extension (true result) instead of this one facepalm 
I guess I mixed up the topics somehow. Anyway, this works fine, thank you.

Since they changed the background color for meaning, your extension is harder to use.  any chance you can adjust it?  Cuz I still prefer it over the original.  :)  The yellow MEANING is now on a super light gray background!  

i just wanted to bump this to see if changing the color for meaning could happen.  :)

zeldaskitten said... i just wanted to bump this to see if changing the color for meaning could happen.  :)
 oh thanks for remembering me to do that..
yes after Viet changing the background, the yellow became weird.

can you guys suggest me a color code?

http://html-color-codes.info/

i dunno but i think anything that’s a little darker,  maybe a darker yellow or orange.  well that’s too close to the red so maybe a blue or green?  as long as it’s readable I don’t mind too much  :)

Ok, changed to Dark Green: #57842A
please update your script ^^