Meaning and Reading in Reviews are switched

Some (most) of the reviews are named incorrectly. When I’m asked to type in the meaning WK changes what I’m typing to hiragana. And when I’m asked to put in the reading I have to switch to the Japanese keyboard to be able to enter the correct answer. It’s a pain in the a**. Please fix it!

Typing weirdness

Strange, everything works normally for me…

I think I explained it wrong.

When asked for the reading, I can only type hiragana. But it won’t take my answer, because it actually wants the meaning.
When asked for the meaning, I have to switch keyboards.

It doesn’t always happen, but often enough to get annoying.

Also, I thought it might be a userscript interfering somehow, but I switched them all of and it’s still the same.

Have you tried turning off your IME?

Why would that be a problem all of a sudden? I’ve been using my English keyboard all the time. I just switched to IME because WK wouldn’t convert what I type to hiragana anymore.

Not sure if it’s the same issue, but this usually happens to me when I have 2 review tabs open at the same time (by mistake, obviously). One time it happened just because I’ve left one of the summary pages open…

I didn’t have other WK tabs open. It was already a problem this morning, and again when I came back home this evening.

This is what it looks like:

WK is asking for the meaning, but it will only accept the reading.

I

Hmm…

Have you tried clearing cookies and cache, and then restarting your browser?

Okay, weird. I don’t know if I did something, but suddenly it works again.

The WK gods have had mercy on me…

Thanks @everbody for trying to help me out! :slight_smile:

That is super weird! (Thanks for the screenshot.)

I wonder if it’s a bug at all (and if @viet already knows about it).

Email hello@wanikani.com as they might miss this topic.

Glad the issue solved itself. These kind of things are hard to reproduce for us to debug. Next time I would try the following: