Masterlist of Books/Manga by WaniKani Levels?

exactly! haha I always thought thought it was weird how most foreigners would not even try to do this and spend years in japan without trying to learn japanese and only going after girls who spoke english. Not judging anything but I never really understood why. I guess it also comes down to being able to be social and not awkward in conversations you might not understand everything?

this looks glorious! Do you have pictures in more details? Inside and etc? seems like something i’d like!

I love Satori Reader!
My favorite series so far are コナの大冒険、壁の穴 (ongoing) and 三途の川。

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well… The reason why I personally don’t do what you do is that I don’t date people… I’d really like to become more conversational in Japanese but it’s hard enough as a woman to avoid the creeps in languages I’m more comfortable in…
I wish I could do this, though. All of my friends who date Japanese people actually do improve their conversational skills very quickly so I agree that it’s a really, really great way to learn Japanese.

3 Likes

I also love Satori Reader. I think it was the thing that finally pushed me further when I was stuck in the intermediate plateau. Or rather sank in the intermediate well. If you can call my level intermediate, anyway.
I had a tendency of getting lost in sentences, even if I theoretically knew each part of a sentence on its own. It really helped with that.
But my favs are totally different - I think I liked 恋人 most. Secret was very nice, but it had irritating fillers (ugh, mountain trip).
Sakura and Suzuki’s Long Distance Relationship is great for a start in my opinion, it even has an easy mode.

1 Like

I don’t think it has to do with newer vs older stuff. It has to do with demographics. For example, the manga Saki, which I am skimming right now, has hardly any furigana, as it is published in one of Square Enix’s seinin magazines, Young Gangan. However, the spin off Saki Side of A does have furigana. It was published in one of Square Enix’s Shonen magazines.

Death Note has furigana since it was published in the Shounen Jump

4 Likes

I think I can (kind of) understand where you are coming from because of my female friends experiences in both japan and out.
What If you made a lot of female japanese friends who already can kind of filter creeps out for you and then you could maybe take more chances?
Japanese men, on the contrary to japanese girls, probably aren’t THAT open to going on a date with someone who doesn’t speak japanese BUT if you were introduced to them through a common friend it could work? I know a lot who are interested but since they can’t speak anything… don’t take the jump to try it.

Aaah you are awesome! Thank you! That looks incredibly high quality! I might consider getting it! I love Death Note anime (up until… THAT part) but i never actually read the comics! Are they better?

So many great experiences of people with Satori reader here… will definitely get into it!

Manga and anime are roughly the same. Anime added one or two scenes and rushed some parts, but these aren’t big changes.

1 Like

I asked in the sense that the latter half of the anime kind of lacked the awesomeness of the first as it’s widely known so I was wondering if it was the same in the Manga.

I am actually one of the few people who like both halves the same.
But anyway, nope, like I said, there were nearly no changes, so the second half is also the same in both versions.

1 Like

I used to like both the same the first time I saw it… but then on repeated vieweings I changed my mind a lot… just doesn’t hold up as well for me… but that’s just me

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.