*SOLVED* Many items marked right no matter how wrong

Can confirm happened with double check, wrong answers insta accepted as right. (reading only). Turned it off and session was just fine. Tried off and on again and got this bug (?) with URL, never seen that before! (pic)
NewCanvas2

2 Likes

Yo, would explain why everything was running fine in the morning for me then. The double-check script hasn’t been updated since yesterday.
Things are running fine with the double-check script off (at least on my side, but at that point I didn’t have many items to check against), that’s the only workaround for now I guess.

2 Likes

I thought I was going crazy or my keyboard was hitting enter twice for some reason. Glad I’m not the only one!

1 Like

Also this bug with n? do we have to summon @Mods @viet ?
NewCanvas3

1 Like

Okay tested a little bit more (yes failed gurus for the sake of people) and the issue IS with double check. Can’t reproduce insta accept bug without it.

2 Likes

A fix for the issue of stuff being marked right when it should be is here.

1 Like

Was the double-check script causing the n problem too? Or is that still an issue?

1 Like

The n being correct at the end of a word is intended behavior, per here.

Speed demon tip: You don’t have to type the double n to make ん at the end of a word when answering the reading of a kanji or vocabulary word. We’ll auto-convert the final n to ん for you. BUT it’s much better if you get used to typing it correctly right from the start. Your Japanese teacher or boss won’t be as lenient as us.

Personally I am very glad for it, as getting used to typing the double n took me a while, and it’s easy to miss a double key tap at the end and not visually check it, when going fast lol.

I can reproduce the n problem even with all scripts disabled, so it is still an issue.

Thanks for checking on this. We’ll look into this bug!

The script has been officially updated to a working version now! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Go here to update: [Userscript]: Double-Check (Version 2.x)

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m glad we got this figured out. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me too, I can’t live without it!
Upon changing the title (Added Solved) I found I hadn’t even written items right! (iems =P ) just goes to show I NEED this script XD
I also like Auto Commit. If it doesn’t go through I can look it over, was that what I meant to type? :crazy_face: (note: it, like so many others, can be abused. Don’t change to “the other reading then” :wink: )

2 Likes

I’m brand new to scripting. I installed some; mostly there’s one so I can filter my lesson list and learn the radicals and some of the kanji first (very useful), but also I typo all the time, and I hate getting punished for that, so this Double Check is invaluable. I have to admit I sometimes use it even when I clearly got the answer wrong, but I think I still learn from my mistakes even if they’re not counted as mistakes. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh I use the reorder too, to get the vocabs first :wink:
I sometimes make brainfarts", where it is a word I KNOW I know, just didn’t pay attention so put something else. Depending on mood I give them a pass (as long as I make it next time it’s OK, if not it will truly fall again. Try to do it sparingly, and the lower the more likely. )

1 Like

Yep works fine for me now, awesome to see it fixed so quickly.

2 Likes

WaniKani has always corrected for the ‘n’ for ん but the code that also updates the displayed answer got removed inadvertently today. Just a heads up, I’m working on putting it back soon. Not sure if that will affect the Double-Check script update.

2 Likes

@rfindley In case it does affected =)

It shouldn’t affect Double-Check.
But, now that you mention it, Double-Check doesn’t update the answer like WK does, so I’ve added that now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I came into the forum today specifically looking for an explanation and solution to this problem and I can’t believe everyone’s already figured it out and fixed it!
This community is amazing :slight_smile:

5 Likes