Making no progress on level 3 but getting reviews mostly correct

LIES!!! I won’t believe it until I reach level 60 and see for myself. THERE WILL BE CAKE!!!

7 Likes

Don’t listen to the infidels, @icewizard, Wanikani is not a scam, though you may need to pay for a second year in order to get the promised cake.

If it doesn’t feel like it’s going to work out for you, you’ve got sixty days to request a refund and Tofugu is staffed by very helpful, friendly people, so it shouldn’t be a problem. See “What is your refund policy?” under “Account” in the FAQ

As far as things feeling slow go, you’re at the start of level 3 right now. If the wait-times were half as long, the vertical axis below would look even more intimidating. When people say the system is meant to enforce some degree of pacing, this is why:
https://community.wanikani.com/uploads/short-url/f7OAtNhaw2sBN3i3pADMROgE6yU.png

5 Likes

Is this considering max speed (6d20h and 3d10d levels)?

Cool graph! Looks like the real pain is just beginning for me.

1 Like

Speed shouldn’t matter with that graph as it’s measuring levels, not days.

Have you already started burning? If so, that’s your next phase. Then it’s the temptation of level 26 being a fast level. Then, it’s the weird words between 38-40. After that, it’s the desire of going crazy in the fast levels (46,47, 49-60). Finally, it’s the realization that just because you’re lvl 60, it doesn’t mean that reviews will stop coming. Cabrigator will always be there to make you suffer bless you with his wisdom.

2 Likes

It’s an old chart I found on the forums last year (from someone else who also didn’t have an original source) that doesn’t cover level 51-60 and it predates the speedup for levels 1 and 2.

Really, it’s just a good visual to back up the “your free time is forfeit” claims we often make to newbies who then continue to not believe us.

1 Like

Yes, thanks for the pep talk. I’m still looking forward to all those things. And cake.

1 Like

Speed still matters because it would be possible to go more slowly and thus burn things earlier, reducing the total number of items you have to be prepared to review at any given time (the Y-axis peak).

2 Likes

com-resize%20(4)

8 Likes

Good point.

The bars only move when you get guru on Kanji and Radicals. Also, if you answered right on an entry but then you answered wrong the following time your level lowers.

Those bars are for guru progress. After several apprentice, guru level is achieved and bars will light up. Also grammar from lower levels will keep you busy so it will take some time to guru new radicals. Be patient, I advise.

Or speed could actually increase the numbers that you have at any given time, since you’re going faster. We could say that someone that lvls up every 7 days will have twice as many items as those going after 14 days levels.

1 Like

@Caracal is level 60 and @TamanegiNoKame calls her Cake…

7 Likes

Except level 3 is also free, so you shouldn’t have to pay to see the normal level time.
I hope/assume you’re joking, so read this with a sarcastic tone pls

1 Like

You’ll reach level 60 but not be finished, unless you don’t intend on burning all of your items.

1 Like

:cry:

I honestly don’t know how you’re keeping up with the levelling and learning enough grammar to go for N3/N2.

2 Likes

Yeah, I meant finishing WK as reaching lvl 60. I’ll stay longer than that though :slight_smile: Actually, I’ll have my subscription renewed 3 days before reaching lvl 60 xD So 仕方がないんだ xD

1 Like