Luminaries

ありがとうございました

4 Likes

We went on a holiday. It was very nice. Now I have 313 reviews waiting…

3 Likes

1eve1 11!

Starting to feel the pain now.

5 Likes

Cool, embrace the pain, it’s just fear leaving your body :stuck_out_tongue:
I can’t wait to get out of the single digits, but life is not making it easy to get the lessons and reviews done everyday. Still, there is progress. I’ll level up tomorrow at 10 pm, God willing and the creek don’t rise.

3 Likes

I become the pain, the pain becomes me, the cycle of WaniKani is complete.

You say that now, but it’s like being a kid, wishing you were an adult, then when you get there you want nothing but to feel that warm summer breeze again of years gone. Enjoy the pleasant levels while they last, for painful comes all to soon.

Just got 120+ reviews dropped on me with the level up…

Good luck with the level up!

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I just added myself to the leaderboard. According to my estimations, I should reach level 60 around January or February 2021.

頑張ろう!

5 Likes

Level 10! Woo!

I can finally change my speed from 866 days to 15! :smiley:

My goal for the next level is 13 days or less. Fingers crossed!

6 Likes

210 lessons, yay

3 Likes

Finally got to lvl 11, now to gird myself for the pain :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I just decided to join the fun on a whim, so hi all! :blush:

My zodiac is Capricorn, so naturally my team needs to be 土星. :smile:

I started WK roughly 60 days ago, and I‘m still super motivated - that might change though, so I like the idea of this challenge!

7 Likes

I’ll officially sign up once I hit member status. For now I’m just a disgruntled old lurker that put off actually learning Japanese for a decade. After a discussion with some friends it got some deep internal part of me very angry when I realized that had I started even five years ago I could be relatively fluent by now.
So I’m going into this head first and shoulders deep. I’m sick of missing out on LN’s that never get translated and games that never get imported to the west.

Part of learning anything is dedication and accountability. Therefore I’m going to tack my name on some big timed leader board for everyone to see in a forum where people know enough to know the difference between blowing steam and actually knowing things. Let the trial of Reviews begin.

8 Likes

Welcome fellow disgruntled person. Good for you! As they say, the best time to start was ten years ago, the next best time is now. Take it one day at a time and don’t expect miracles. It’s not that hard, the hard part is doing it every day even when you wonder why you’d even bother. That’s the secret to success :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Level 9. I feel my time in pleasants is running short so I must enjoy this while I can.

6 Likes

I finally made it to the Death levels and honestly, quite aptly names. I am overwhelmed. But excited!

7 Likes

Level 8 :sunny:

In other news, I tried kimchi for the first time (I know, not Japanese, but it was still nice and it had a suprisingly complex taste).

4 Likes

Level 12, and a level up email… Double Win!

3 Likes

Luminaries keeps me going.

Level 10 is now a reality and at current pace I will have some leeway if some levels take up bit more than expected, taking off the stress of having to hit certain speed per level.

5 Likes

This is cool. I’m in.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Progress continues. 15 day average for level 10 too. Time to attack the next level.

6 Likes