Luminaries

Yes, leveled up again! If I keep leveling up at this tempo I’ll be level 40 before I go to Japan. :tada:

7 Likes

Hit the 10-19 bracket now. 1/6th of the way there and keeping a good pace :+1:

5 Likes

Same goal here, lets do this!

3 Likes

Yeah, finally double digit level! :slight_smile: Moving up to the 10-19 level leaderboard :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Congrats on levelling up @KennethDK, @JDJ77 and @TobyOne. Also congrats here @truandissimo :wink:

4 Likes

It’s probably one of, if not the only of my years goal that I have a chance of doing so I’m determined to get there :joy:

I should get to level 27 on Monday night as long as I get none of the kanji reviews wrong

2 Likes

I found 26 to be quite a birch. Glad it’s over. How about you?

1 Like

So far not too bad, think it helps that I’ve come across some of the kanji in song lyrics of a song I love and am trying to learn so I had context to help me remember them and the associated vocab. There were a few kanji though that even though I have guru’d them I’m still a bit shaky on, hopefully the vocab helps me remember them better.

I also want to try and read more manga once I finish my graded readers so hopefully I’ll see them there as well to get more reinforcement

2 Likes

Thanks for your help!

I have read the guide, especially that part several times, but I guess I just haven’t found what works for me/my rhythm yet.

I have managed to catch up over the course of the weekend, and I’m more motivated than ever!

Thanks again :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Posting a progress update!

So having a bad head cold isn’t good for keeping on track. I chose to sleep and take care of myself. But now my level up time is off by several hours, since I skipped a nighttime review. That’s not good, especially since I’ve got camp this weekend. Not looking good for keeping my speed streak.

1 Like

Level 25. Haven’t had a 200+ review session as I feared, but I did get pretty close one day with 170. I also missed my level-up schedule by one kanji, which sucked a little.

Still going strong even with the burn reviews, though, now coming in on both WK and KS. I have yet to hit the death wall, but I have had some review sessions where my brain was less cooperative than usual. My pace has slipped on BunPro, though. I’m feeling a serious lack of vocabulary now that I’m in the N3 grammar section. Is that something I should take care of first, or should I just press on anyways?

255 down, 8626 to go. Hope to see you all at the eclipse.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Hope it’s ok if I join the race to level 60!

I started using WK years ago in college and picked it back up about a year ago. I live in Yokohama, so now I have way more motivation (or pressure…haha) to study compared to when I lived in America! It’s really cool to see kanji I’ve learned here pop up in my daily life.

Happy studying everyone!

5 Likes

The more the merrier :blush:

2 Likes

woohoo, just leveled up! Level 7 here I go! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Level 19,

I can’t believe how fast this got hard after level 16. Every level has been worse and worse struggle to get forwards. It must be my motivation and not the kanjis not getting harder and I now I just need to put more effort into this instead of thinking it is too hard for me.

But oh man it is hard now. 16 days in single level…

5 Likes

Well, I’m going to be having a slow level! I came up with the (completely stupid) idea of trying to learn 200 vocab items in one day on a lo-o-o-ng train ride (while bored). I was hoping to make up for being sick and getting behind on vocab because of other responsibilities. Nope. I just made myself totally fail to learn my kanji.

Oh well, slowing the pace a bit until I’m back into the race.

2 Likes

Ouch, minor setback encountered.
I can still make it to all burned but ive got less wiggle room

8 Likes

Level 28 :blush: one step closer to 30 before the end of the year

6 Likes

Finally level 9! It took me 11 days, 23 hours. I should be able to level up under 10 days though, so let’s see how this level goes.

5 Likes

Level 28 :sweat_smile: one step closer to 30 before the end of the year!!!

2 Likes