Luminaries

Alright, done. Welcome to the club. As you level up, you’re gonna want to edit it yourself with the current level so it’s up to date so if you reach member status soon you’ll be able to do that :grin:

1 Like

Cool! I’ll do that. Thanks again! :seedling: :turtle:

2 Likes

Welcome! We’ll be cheering you on all the way to the top! Good luck :wink:

2 Likes

I just realized I won’t be able to see the eclipse from my country. Guess I gotta go to Japan then.

7 Likes

What a great reason to go!

3 Likes

After much lurking, I mean deliberation I finally decided to join so that I actually have a goal to work towards.

Since Sailor Moon was one of my very first anime that I ever watched and I loved Sailor Jupiter I decided to join the 木星 team :blush:

9 Likes

Welcome to the Luminaries! I hope you’ll have a great time here. If you need any help, don’t hesitate to ask!

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: I figured it might be easier to stay motivated if I have other people around.

I find it very easy to look at how much I have left to learn and feel discouraged rather than appreciating how much I’ve done so far.

2 Likes

@Eternal-Illusion I edited the leaderboard to move you from the level 1-10 category to the 10-20. If you can’t find your name, this is why <3

Also I levelled up early this morning and am really happy we have this space to track our levels! Thank you @kitsunensei !

6 Likes

Woah congrats! Halfway through the first stage of pleasant! After that it’s screaming all the way down :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It is done.

Let’s just ignore the fact that 一 isn’t there. I never accidentally confused it for the number 一. Nope. No sirree, never happened.

It is surprising just how accomplished I feel right now. By around this time in my Anki streak, I had a few kanji up for review in a year’s time, but I never felt the same sense of progress I feel now. I guess having a specific goal to work to really helps with motivation.

Since there isn’t really an update schedule for the All-Burners, I guess I’ll update whenever I level up from now on.

25 down, 8856 to go. Hope to see you all at the eclipse.

4 Likes

I’m 100% going to try and do this. I’ve been dawdling and resetting all too much over the years. I’m also going to bring my girlfriend along for this ride. She’s an Asian Languages student in college and I’m hoping to give her a fun goal! Now the real question…which team should I join… :thinking:

4 Likes

(I did too for a second)

:hugs:

And welcome @TayVinSay @DollyDaydream @jneapan @spidercrab @Cerulea @vnClJTUL @KennethDK @karaiz @chepe263 @Mammina all the other new members! Hope this becomes a space for you to cheer each other on on this kanji burning adventure.

9 Likes

Yay! 1 more percent!

6 Likes

Level 24, and 68 burns all at once. My initial all-at-once pace has come back to bite me furiously. At least it should only hold for a little while (I quickly adopted the 30/day max), but I may end up facing 200+ review sessions in the coming weeks, and I am not looking forward to it. But I will face death, and I will overcome.

111 down, 8770 to go. Hope to see you all at the eclipse.

6 Likes

I have had a super busy time over the past couple of weeks, so I have slowed down a bit with my reviews and I have not been keeping up with my lessons. The result is that I finally managed to level up to level 6!! Buuuuuuuttttt… now I have 133 lessons waiting for me :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

The rest of my life is calming down now, so I will start attacking those lessons in the morning… Any tips? :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Been level 26 for a few days now, one step closer to my goal of being level 30 by the end of the year :blush:

6 Likes

You don’t have to do all the lesson at once, as in “all in one batch”.

I make sure to do the radicals first, so I can unlock the new kanji faster. I tend to do 20 lessons in the morning with a mix of vocab and new kanji. I do more lessons in the evening at around 6 so I have time to review them 4 hours later at 10 pm. Repeat for the next days until I’m out of lessons. Sometimes I do more lessons, or do many batches throughout one day.

You can try varying the amount of lessons per batch to find out what works for you. I also recommend reading chapter 4 - 6 of this Ultimate Guide™ if you haven’t already :slight_smile: There’s a lot of useful stuff in there

4 Likes

@jneapan Congrats on level 4! :durtle_noice:

3 Likes

\( ˆoˆ )/ wooooooo

4 Likes