Luminaries

(I did too for a second)

:hugs:

And welcome @TayVinSay @DollyDaydream @jneapan @Natahoot @Cerulea @vnClJTUL @KennethDK @karaiz @chepe263 @Mammina all the other new members! Hope this becomes a space for you to cheer each other on on this kanji burning adventure.

9 Likes

Yay! 1 more percent!

6 Likes

Level 24, and 68 burns all at once. My initial all-at-once pace has come back to bite me furiously. At least it should only hold for a little while (I quickly adopted the 30/day max), but I may end up facing 200+ review sessions in the coming weeks, and I am not looking forward to it. But I will face death, and I will overcome.

111 down, 8770 to go. Hope to see you all at the eclipse.

6 Likes

I have had a super busy time over the past couple of weeks, so I have slowed down a bit with my reviews and I have not been keeping up with my lessons. The result is that I finally managed to level up to level 6!! Buuuuuuuttttt… now I have 133 lessons waiting for me :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

The rest of my life is calming down now, so I will start attacking those lessons in the morning… Any tips? :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Been level 26 for a few days now, one step closer to my goal of being level 30 by the end of the year :blush:

6 Likes

You don’t have to do all the lesson at once, as in “all in one batch”.

I make sure to do the radicals first, so I can unlock the new kanji faster. I tend to do 20 lessons in the morning with a mix of vocab and new kanji. I do more lessons in the evening at around 6 so I have time to review them 4 hours later at 10 pm. Repeat for the next days until I’m out of lessons. Sometimes I do more lessons, or do many batches throughout one day.

You can try varying the amount of lessons per batch to find out what works for you. I also recommend reading chapter 4 - 6 of this Ultimate Guide™ if you haven’t already :slight_smile: There’s a lot of useful stuff in there

4 Likes

@jneapan Congrats on level 4! :durtle_noice:

3 Likes

\( ˆoˆ )/ wooooooo

4 Likes

Yes, leveled up again! If I keep leveling up at this tempo I’ll be level 40 before I go to Japan. :tada:

7 Likes

Hit the 10-19 bracket now. 1/6th of the way there and keeping a good pace :+1:

5 Likes

Same goal here, lets do this!

3 Likes

Yeah, finally double digit level! :slight_smile: Moving up to the 10-19 level leaderboard :open_mouth:

7 Likes

Congrats on levelling up @KennethDK, @JDJ77 and @TobyOne. Also congrats here @truandissimo :wink:

4 Likes

It’s probably one of, if not the only of my years goal that I have a chance of doing so I’m determined to get there :joy:

I should get to level 27 on Monday night as long as I get none of the kanji reviews wrong

2 Likes

I found 26 to be quite a birch. Glad it’s over. How about you?

1 Like

So far not too bad, think it helps that I’ve come across some of the kanji in song lyrics of a song I love and am trying to learn so I had context to help me remember them and the associated vocab. There were a few kanji though that even though I have guru’d them I’m still a bit shaky on, hopefully the vocab helps me remember them better.

I also want to try and read more manga once I finish my graded readers so hopefully I’ll see them there as well to get more reinforcement

2 Likes

Thanks for your help!

I have read the guide, especially that part several times, but I guess I just haven’t found what works for me/my rhythm yet.

I have managed to catch up over the course of the weekend, and I’m more motivated than ever!

Thanks again :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Posting a progress update!

So having a bad head cold isn’t good for keeping on track. I chose to sleep and take care of myself. But now my level up time is off by several hours, since I skipped a nighttime review. That’s not good, especially since I’ve got camp this weekend. Not looking good for keeping my speed streak.

1 Like

Level 25. Haven’t had a 200+ review session as I feared, but I did get pretty close one day with 170. I also missed my level-up schedule by one kanji, which sucked a little.

Still going strong even with the burn reviews, though, now coming in on both WK and KS. I have yet to hit the death wall, but I have had some review sessions where my brain was less cooperative than usual. My pace has slipped on BunPro, though. I’m feeling a serious lack of vocabulary now that I’m in the N3 grammar section. Is that something I should take care of first, or should I just press on anyways?

255 down, 8626 to go. Hope to see you all at the eclipse.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Hope it’s ok if I join the race to level 60!

I started using WK years ago in college and picked it back up about a year ago. I live in Yokohama, so now I have way more motivation (or pressure…haha) to study compared to when I lived in America! It’s really cool to see kanji I’ve learned here pop up in my daily life.

Happy studying everyone!

5 Likes