Looking for (very) easy Manga recommendations

These are the previous absolute beginner books. Books 3,4,5 and 8 are manga. Book 3 was my first manga, which I started shortly after doing my N5 exam. It’s very funny but probably the hardest of the four.

Book 4 is a popular book about a cat. The cat speaks in babyish language which took a bit of getting used to.

Book 5 was a fun slice of life, probably my favourite of these manga. It’s quite a nice level, funny, and gives you some nice insights into Japanese culture and the day to day life of a family.

Book 8 we just finished. This is probably the simplest of the four overall. There are a few tricky passages but the reading threads are full of lots of explanations of the grammar, especially from @ChristopherFritz who replied to you above.

Any of these would be a good first manga. The links above will take you to the each book’s reading homepage which will have links to sample pages for the book.

For each book the reading club has already put together a vocab spreadsheet that you can use, and most of the trickier parts to translate will have had questions asked and answered in the threads. Good luck with your reading!

5 Likes