Looking for translators to sub videos by とある男が授業をしてみた

some people are saying that this is really a really good resource and I’m wondering if we could do a community effort things of adding english subtitles to these videos

Edit I think we can use a website like flow feedback or queue to pick specific part of the video and add a text on the side. This way we can reference these quickly

Queue.gg
Or insights.gg

2 Likes

Well, YouTube recently killed the community subtitles feature, so I’m not sure how we’d get around this.

2 Likes

I think the best way is to in a txt file, translate one sentence new line, one sentence,
and maybe add a marker for every minute just to keep track.

or there is one resource where you can commentate the video on the side and it even pauses the video for you. I forgot what it’s called, I’ll ask around. it’s a really neat tool because competitive players use this to analyze their own matches

Sorry if I came off as unclear, what I mean is how we would actually send the file to the uploader. Before, it was easy, but now Google took away the ability to contribute subtitles to a video.
https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/61967856?hl=en
I guess we would have to send the subtitles in manually to the uploader, then he would have to manually add it to each video. That be a risky move on his end if he can’t speak English, since he could end up approving false or broken subtitles by mistake…

Welcome to the WK community, by the way! I somehow missed that this was your first post! :sweat_smile:

It’s called flow feed back or queue

Ah, my mistake! I was somehow under the impression that we’d subbing the videos via Community Contributions, which confused me since Google disabled that feature.
Unfortunately, I don’t think I have the time for this project, but it sounds like a good idea!

Reckon when it comes to a YouTuber, we’d definitely want to ask permission first. And then while we’re doing that, we can send them to him to add them to the actual videos. Win-win.

I’m intrigued. My listening ability sucks, though.

Not seeing an issue here.

That would be our job to get it right.

1 Like

Yeah, post haste tho xd

Sorry, come again?

nvm, well, how do we start? I don’t think we really need permission given the fact we are only translating and not making changes to anything

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.