Looking for PODCASTS by Male speakers!

Hi there! I did a quick search and saw many threads about podcasts already but, here is my issue, as I have already been able to find plenty podcasts for japanese listening practice, however, most of them are done by female speakers.

Since I am a male, and I dont want the female speech nuances only ingrained in my head, I was wondering if somebody has more podcasts to recommend, done by male speakers, that are done for the purpose of japanese learning, listening practice.

Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

Check out Nihongo con Teppei.

7 Likes

As already mentioned Nihongo con Teppei for beginners is really good, he also hosts three other podcasts:

Other great podcasts:

• 三本塾Sambon Juku Radio - This is on YouTube, but you could download the audio (it might be on last.fm as well).
  • Hapa英会話 Podcast - This is a podcast that teaches English to Japanese speakers and it’s really well structured.
  • JLPT Stories - This is a podcast that is tailored to learners planning on taking the JLPT and ranges from N5 to N1 listening. They use both male and female speakers.
10 Likes

Very helpful thanks guys !

1 Like

Thanks, that ‘Eigo con Teppei’ was new to me. Very interesting to see how 哲平 sounds when having his ‘native-mode’ on :grimacing:. The normal show is a bit too easy nowadays.

2 Likes

If you don’t mind, I’d like to repost these links from your post over in the Listening Comprehension thread, or you could do so yourself of course. Just as a way to make it easier for people to find stuff in the future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not at all! Your thread is super helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

The only one i know of and listen to is coten radio. Its usually history themed about seemingly any time period anywhere and is on google podcasts. They talk fast and i cant understand them but its very laid back and the episodes can be 30 minutes or more which i like

Thanks! ^>^

More links

Let’s talk in Japanese
Slow and Polite Japanese
Easy Japanese

1 Like

Slow and Polite Japanese seems nice and relaxing. I think it will also help vary my comprehension listening to a 64 year-old kansai ben dude :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.