Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

Err… noooot quite.

#comeatmebro

3 Likes

It’s at least me too, so no, it’s totally not just you

4 Likes

Now it has.
Nobody nominated for the last slot though. I think.

1 Like

I still need ~7h before I have access to my computer and can set up the poll.
しばらくお待ち下さい

9 Likes

君の膵臓をたべたい was removed from the nominees because it has its own thread.
Shouldn’t then 世界から猫が消えたなら be removed as well?

2 Likes

That would make sense.
The situation might be different, though. In the case of 君の膵臓をたべたい, the person who nominated it said it should be removed from the list. I don’t remember if such discussion happened as well for the other one.
I’ll do some conversation spelunking later.
Edit: also, according to the polls in the second thread, people haven’t been really reading it, contrary to the pancreas thread.

Yeah, if I remember correctly, I think there’s no one that actually finished it at this point. @catbus just started reading it and I’ve put it on hold for a couple weeks or so. In my case I’m happy to wait out the vote and see if it gets picked before picking it up again.
Other than that, i don’t think anyone else has read/is actively reading it, but anyone correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

That was my impression too.
As I said, I’ll have a look at the conversation, but in the absence of anything conclusive, I’ll leave it in the poll.

1 Like

Gets excited in bookaddict

But really, no pressure

5 Likes

What do we want?
More books!
When do we want it?
More books!

(Who gets it? :eyes:)

6 Likes

That was waaaay too fast for IE :wink:

Nope. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

10 Likes

Poll for the next book is here!

Please see the List of Proposed Books section in the first post for the details for each book. Every book has a difficulty associated with it (based on book club members voting, thus subjective) out of 5, where 1 means “no effort at all” and 5 means “impossible, even with everyone’s help”. The difficulty of each option is indicated at they end of their description in the first post of this thread.
Do not rely solely on difficulty when making a choice. Please have a look at nomination posts if you haven’t already.

We will most likely begin reading on September 28th or October 5th , one or two weeks after the コンビニ人間 is over, giving some time for people lagging behind to catch up. (Barring a sudden and massive increase in interest for ハルヒ, in which case we would be reading after that one instead)

I will close the poll within a week (and most likely before that), whenever it looks like voting has dried up. You can choose up to 5 options .

• (Manga) Made in Abyss
  • (Manga) Land of the Lustrous
  • Your Name
  • Wolf Children Ame & Yuki
  • Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny-Girl Senpai
  • The Familiar of Zero
  • 紅霞後宮物語
  • Magical Girl Raising Project
  • The Closet of Nightmares
  • Night Market
  • Door D
  • If cats disappeared from the world
  • A lollipop or a bullet
  • Tokyo Cat Stroll
  • キッチン
  • ブギーポップは笑わない
  • ポーション頼みで生き延びます!
  • 氷菓
  • All You Need Is Kill

0 voters

8 Likes

Apparently I cannot read a digital clock and got confused between 13h and 3pm. No comments.

4 Likes

Haha between three people so far none of us have voted for the same things

2 Likes

Three voters and not a single match. That’s one hell of a spread shot so far.

2 Likes

Alll three of us were trying to comment on it at the same time too :slight_smile:

But I edited my post to say this instead so we don’t just have three posts in a row saying the same thing

Well, I guess I’ll just leave a screenshot for people who read this later :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Way to not read the atmosphere, @brrricane!

4 Likes

Sorry! :sweat_smile: At least one of my 5 didn’t have a vote yet.

Edit: And then I changed it to something that did.

2 Likes