Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 葬送のフリーレン // Next: ウスズミの果て

I’ll try asking my Japanese friends what books they used to read when they were kids. If you have the opportunity to do the same, please go ahead ^^

Manga seems to be easier to find for a beginner level, that’s why the choices have been around that.

Done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please add me to the list.

Sounds interesting, I’ve read Yotsubato on my own before but I wouldn’t mind reading it again with others! Can you add me to the list?

Added you =)

I love how we could chose to buy it or pick it up for free depending on choice! =D
They look amazing! I will definitely use them along side the first two volumes of Yotsubato!

Hi, please could I be added to the list also? Thanks!

Added to the list.

Hi jprspereira, would you kindly add me to the member list, I can’t edit the post. Thanks for organising it, I was thinking of joining the former book club when my Japanese would be better. But a beginner book club is a fantastic idea.
Cheers!

1 Like

I added you to the list =)

Errr… now I’m stuck at deciding whether to join Autumn Prison in the original book club or joining here… I am definitely a beginner, and I would like to read Yotsubato, but I already read a few pages of Autumn Prison and I’d like reading that too :stuck_out_tongue:

Choices, choices…

If I’m able to read Autumn Prison (still waiting for it to arrive) I’ll definitely join the original group, but since this group is easier I will be able to do both =)
I have a feeling I’m not ready for it though. But if it really is easy enough for N5 and N4 to join in, we might not need to start a book here until after Autumn Prison, or decide to do something especially easy like Yotsubato! to make it easier to do both =)

1 Like

Can you add me to the list too please

1 Like

If it’s Yotsuba, I’d join for sure. I already have them all and I really enjoy them. Would be very happy to read them again. Plus, I think anyone who’s considering Autumn Prison ought to be able to fit one volume of Yotsuba alongside it without too much difficulty.

3 Likes

I’m definitely interested in joining. Can I be added to the list?

Japanese Ammo with Misa told me that apparently 徒然チルドレン (Tsuredure Children) is a good manga for beginners too. For those that like anime, the anime version came this season ^^

3 Likes

I am definitely interested

Ooh I was recently recommended the anime and watched the first few eps, like it a lot so far. I feel like it would definitely be a fun read! It’s basically a dozen mini rom-coms all rolled into one, and cut so that you just see the funniest parts. Apparently it’s a 4-panel manga? The succinct nature of each story might make it easier to understand (or easier to just skip to the next part if you don’t).