🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Winter 2023 ❄ 🧤

Summary Post

February 5th
What did I listen to?: Onomappu’s Japanese Picture Poses and Shinya Makes a Felt Rabbit
How much time did I spend listening?: ~22 min

I watched the picture poses video I mentioned yesterday and I loved it - my favorite is the 片思いハート pose :joy: Definitely recognize the ルダハート (which I think is just called like cheek heart or something in Korea, I had not heard of Luda before this video tbh :upside_down_face:) and ピースハート (which I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do lmao). I didn’t know that 曲げピース was a thing but that makes SO MUCH SENSE now, I see it all the time but I thought they were just awkward peace signs, I didn’t think it was on purpose :rofl: Also happy to see ギャルピース make an appearance, I was low-key waiting for it because that was a big trend while my boys were in Japan this summer. I don’t spend too much time looking at k-pop idol photos, what Anyway, I love learning what all the little poses are called, there are so many :joy: I wish hand poses like that were more of a thing in Western culture tbh, because I never know what to do with my hands/arms in pictures, I’m always just like :woman_standing:

I also watched

And THE EYES :joy: :joy: I literally cried laughing, I cannottttt :joy: The way he was just SCREWING THEM INTO THE RABBIT’S HEAD kfshdkfjsdx that was the best plot twist
I enjoyed that deeply, thank you for sharing :joy: It looks like he has some other crafty videos that I might check out later, male musicians doing crafts is a weirdly specific genre of video that I very much enjoy.

So much reply!

I have not looked at Miku - giving it a look now, there are a couple episodes that sound interesting and it seems like the length is pretty reasonable so I’ll try to give it a shot :slight_smile: (it may well be too hard for me too but we’ll see haha). Also I had not heard of Language Reactor, I’ll have to look more at that, it seems useful! I feel like I never look things up when I’m listening, I always just let it go (which is probably not the most efficient way to listen lol)

I forgot, I did try Hikibiki some time ago but my main problem with that one was that it’s loooong (and I mostly didn’t understand it, but that’s honestly secondary lmao). I don’t know how one listens to a podcast that’s like 45 min to an hour+ long, I just can’t - I assume most people do other things while listening to them but I don’t really…work that way as a human, I can’t sit there just listening to something for an hour nor can I focus on listening to words while doing something else (and constant prolonged talking often makes it harder for me to do whatever I’m doing, whether I’m fully listening/understanding or not). This is a problem for me with English podcasts, so I can only imagine the problem would be even worse in a language that I don’t comprehend very well even when my full attention is directed at it lmao, I feel like having it on as background would just be annoying and not help my Japanese.

But
You saying this made me take a look at Yuyu and OMFG YUYU HAS A VIDEO ON EXO LMAOOOO I’M WATCHING THAT LATER THIS IS GREAT Translator’s note: Exo is a k-pop group

See, this is another thing I struggle with, the titles of these general podcasts don’t really give me any indication of what the topics of the episodes actually are, so I assume they’re all the same boring things. That’s my bad I guess lmao, clearly Yuyu has aligned with my interests at least for one episode :joy: I cannot believe there’s an Exo episode, that was not what I expected Thank you for mentioning it and making me go look at it :joy:

I will definitely take a look at this later as well! First impression, I don’t love the animation style, but I will still give it a shot :joy:

I just want to say that you guys really inspired me to look into some new things and helped me find much more material that motivated me to continue listening so thank you :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed::heart_hands: Seriously appreciate it :heart:

14 Likes