🔉 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge (Summer Edition) 🏖

Jul 17, Sun of Week 3 of Summer :beach_umbrella: 2022

Today’s story is 幽霊の頼み (:studio_microphone:), a story from 大阪府.

u-ray

Would you listen to 幽霊の頼み? What’s the risk?

Story impression

それでも、成仏のことは失敗しました。幽霊も増えました。

A part of reading aloud is indeed rewinding to make sure that I can pronounce correctly, for example, その後 (only one of three entries in Yomichan has a sound file), お腹の子.

I think I can hear pitch accent, but combining with yesterday’s materials, I think pitch is only among many other difficulties…

Yesterday, I watched Hunter x Hunter (2011) without JP subs which in the first 10 minutes or so, I used absolute attention and rewinding. Indeed, better understanding and vocabulary collecting is possible, just harder. Of course, the whole EP is about 30 minutes, and I was interrupted too, so I got tired and gave up.

Gotta admit, though; listening without text makes me try harder in picking out vocabularies based on sound or something harder to hear – it’s probably worth it when the time is right…

Anyway, I think I won’t be watching Hunter x Hunter anime, both of remake and older version (too hard, and not yet time/focus); and probably won’t be reading Hunter x Hunter manga for now. (If anything, I prefer reading the whole long manga series in the future.)

Afterwards, in the morning, I watched となりの怪物くん (with JP sub) a little. I paused every once in while, but it is definitely learnable.

11 Likes