🔉 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge (Summer Edition) 🏖

I started this challenge in June, and my listening skills were next to non-existent. They’re not much better now, but I decided to not stress too much about it, just try to put in some listening in whatever form every day and see how it goes. I think I’ll be marking the days with colours, ranging from red (passive listening, minimal comprehension) to green (active listening, adequate comprehension). Hopefully I’ll see more greens as the challenge progresses…

:speech_balloon: 7月 :headphones:
:orange_square: :yellow_square: :orange_square:
:yellow_square: :yellow_square: :yellow_square: :orange_square: :yellow_square: :orange_square: :yellow_square:
:yellow_square: :yellow_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :white_small_square: :white_small_square:
:white_small_square: :white_small_square: :white_small_square: :red_square: :orange_square: :yellow_square: :orange_square:
:green_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :yellow_square:
:speech_balloon: 8月 :headphones:
:green_square: :red_square: :orange_square: :orange_square: :yellow_square: :orange_square: :red_square:
:white_small_square: :white_small_square: :white_small_square: :white_small_square: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
June

Okay, joining in. My listening level is, well, non-existent, so I think that instead of recording what I listen to in the calendar (as I did in the Read Every Day thread), I’ll record how well I did. So far, I listened to a bunch of stuff (anime and fairy tales mostly) yesterday and was utterly disheartened, then listened to the first chapter of an audiobook today and was also utterly disheartened, but maybe a bit less so? I’ll follow pocketcat’s advice of listening first, then reading+listening, then listening again. It’s time consuming, but 仕方がない.

So, here is the June calendar. June isn’t officially part of this challenge, but it will be my preparation course. I’ll add the calendars for July and August later, and hide this under a details tag.

:speech_balloon: 6月 :headphones:
:heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_multiplication_x:
:heavy_multiplication_x: :heavy_multiplication_x: :scream: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :neutral_face: :expressionless: :confused:
:pensive: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:
:expressionless: :rofl: :yawning_face: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :confused:
:upside_down_face: :sleeping: :expressionless:
17 Likes