🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Spring 2023 🌼 🌱

Summary Post

May 21th
What did I listen to?: もしもしゆうすけ eating out
How much time did I spend listening?: ~32 min

Making me cringe as I recall how insanely awkward and probably inadvertently/unknowingly rude I was when I tried to eat at restaurants in Japan :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: No lie, I would sometimes just buy a bunch of stuff from the conbini and/or take an ekiben back to my hotel room so I didn’t have to do this :joy: Some people enjoy going out to eat on vacation but I am absolutely not one of those people, even when language barrier is not an issue - like I enjoy food but the process of trying to figure out where/how to get it is probably the most stressful part of vacation for me tbh. It doesn’t seem like it should be that hard but I never know what I’m doing, every restaurant is different and when I don’t know what to expect, I forget how to be a person and then die of embarrassment when I’m confused and/or say something dumb :see_no_evil: Like yes I am always “successful” in the sense that I obtain the food but god, at what cost :upside_down_face: Ugh, now cringing at the last time I tried to eat at a restaurant/bar while traveling - why am I so DUMB, like how do people just know how stuff works. Thank god I don’t ever have to go there again. Anyway…it would be nice if I could one day be more confident in my language skills so that they are at least not adding to the baseline awkwardness of me eating in an unfamiliar restaurant xD I feel like I would have to watch this video about a hundred more times though :upside_down_face:

He didn’t go to one of these in the video, but I like the places where you can just go around and pick out some pastries and stick 'em on a tray. Simple and tasty xD I definitely rely on the ease of obtaining pastries way too much while in Japan lmao, but like…they’re tasty, they’re everywhere, they come in fun/interesting flavors and varieties, savory or sweet, they don’t require any preparation or talking…perfect food for awkward bread-lovers like myself

10 Likes