🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Spring 2023 🌼 🌱

Home Post :hatching_chick:

April 27th

I listened to episode 13 of Japanese with Shun and watched a Comprehensible Japanese video about traditional japanese sweets. I can’t wait to try those sweets. They look delicious!

April 28th

At this point I kind of lost motivation to keep listening to Japanese every day but I thought I would at least watch one video to keep my streak going. I chose another video by Comprehensible Japanese about language learning.

April 29th

Akane’s Nara vlog was okay to understand I think. Tbh I have already forgotten most of the video. There were cute deer of course but that’s pretty much all I remember.

April 30th

Yesterday I watched the news story about the capybara falling asleep in the water that everyone was talking about. This reminded me of the video about the capybara with a mandarin orange on its head. So I watched that one right after. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to understand some of the stuff that the presenter said in the video. The last time I watched it I couldn’t understand anything.
I also watched a video about kitchen objects by Akane. There was a small quiz where you can guess what different objects are called. I could only name one of the objects so I learned a lot of new words.

May 1st

Today I listened to Nihongo con Teppei episodes 161-165 and it felt pretty easy.

Overall I feel like I have made decent progress over the course of the last month. My understanding has increased considerably. I am very motivated now to keep studying grammar and vocabulary because I feel like this is what is holding my listening comprehension back the most.
I’m looking forward to the second month of listening.

13 Likes