🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Fall 2023 🍁 🍂 - Volunteer needed to keep the challenge going!

:headphones::mushroom: taiyousea’s listening challenge :fallen_leaf::loud_sound:
my study log

10月3日
:speaker::memo: JLPT N3 Listening Practice (4:47 - 9:55)

• Problems 3 through 6 - this was a bigger challenge than yesterday and a sign that I need to warm up by listening to casual things before jumping into serious questions :sweat_smile:

:speaker::desktop_computer: 「大奥」Season 2 Summary (2:01)

• i have never heard of this show before but the promo photo of the white guy in old japan stopped me in my tracks :rofl: it seems to be a genroku-era drama taking place in the dutch “town” (quarantine island) that was in nagasaki during the 17th century, but a shockingly ペラペラ dutch man wins the hearts of the japanese courtesans and finds himself trying to win over the members of the daimyo’s household?? if i gleaned correctly from this video? the fast, choppy pacing of this season digest video had me laughing so hard, they chose a fluent westerner for sure but omg he can’t act ahaha

Screen Shot 2023-10-03 at 6.47.53 PM

:speaker::desktop_computer: Takarazuka Revue: Promo for “Genroku Baroque Rock” “The Fascination!” (5:44)

• aaand what should appear in the recommended section after the last video but my favorite all-ladies stage troupe? :eyes: The wigs and costumes in Genroku Rock are sooo good. Yuzuka Rei’s character with the clock… meow. The original promotional photos for this play were the ones that made me interested in Takarazuka for the first time last year despite being highly cringed by everything musical theater for my entire life :innocent: But now I’m reformed and I look forward to their videos!

zoom back to home thread

14 Likes