🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Fall 2023 🍁 🍂 - Volunteer needed to keep the challenge going!

I technically started doing this challenge at the start of December, but only just now got around to making my home post, oops!

Dec
Week 48
Week 49
Week 50
Week 51
Week 52

= Japanese
= Japanese and Spanish

As many folks probably already know, I’m doing a challenge this year where I try to get a perfect 365 day streak of reading and/or listening to both Japanese and Spanish for an entire year. I’ve been alternating between two months of reading, then one month of listening. This challenge is the last one! If I complete this month without missing a day, I will have successfully finished the whole year.

I will… probably not remember to post any updates in this thread, haha, especially since I’m so behind on my other commitments, but I dunno, maybe I’ll feel compelled to share something. I’m also terrible at remembering to come in and check the boxes…

What I'm planning on listening to in Japanese:

The main thing I’m working on at the moment is the Shin Kanzen Master N3 listening book. I just finished the N4 one at the start of the month. I might watch other stuff besides that, though. Normally podcasts would be in the mix, but with the current weather, it’s unlikely I’ll go on any walks, which means my main podcast time won’t be happening, so podcasts probably won’t be happening, either.

I’m trying to focus on comprehensible input for the purposes of this challenge, so I won’t be counting higher level TV shows/movies I might watch in Japanese, or pro wrestling shows/interviews, though I might post about some of that other stuff in the thread just to share some interesting things with other folks, haha.

What I'm planning on listening to in Spanish:

Currently just Bob Esponja :sweat_smile:. When December started and I switched gears from reading to listening, I went back to Bob Esponja because I wanted something low energy, and podcasts are sort of out for the time being… So children’s television it is.

I’m still contemplating moving on to a harder show, but it’s hard to convince myself to try something more difficult when I don’t have a lot of energy for it, haha, so I don’t know if I’ll get around to that this time. I’m keeping the option open, though.

3 Likes