πŸ”Š πŸŽ™ Listen Every Day Challenge - Fall 2022 🍁

Summary post

A couple days late, but here is my wrap-up post for this challenge!

Dec 月 火 ζ°΄ 木 金 土 ζ—₯
Week 48
Week 49
Week 50
Week 51
Week 52

= Japanese
= Japanese and Spanish

:partying_face:

In Spanish, I ended up finishing Frontera Verde, as well as the behind the scenes feature for it on Netflix! I enjoyed the show, though it was definitely a bit difficult. I also watched a bunch of episodes of Bob Esponja, and was really happy to discover that I’ve gotten far enough with Spanish that I can watch some shows without any subtitles whatsoever.

In Japanese, I pretty much just watched wrestling, haha! Most of my daily listening was only a few minutes long, since I would watch and/or rewatch post-match comment videos from Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling, following along with shupro’s transcripts for them (if I had them), and trying to make sure that my translations were correct. The rest of the days, I watched Japanese pro wrestling shows for my listening practice, which are a lot longer than the post-match interviews, but which are basically entirely extensive listening practice for me, since I watch them live with only limited translation (and no transcripts/subtitles of any type), which means my comprehension is low. I am getting better, though!

I feel like I almost always have some sort of breakthrough during these challenges, and I feel like I had big ones in both Spanish and Japanese during this one! So I’m really happy about that. I’m looking forward to joining the winter listen every day challenge during the off month!

8 Likes