🔊 🎙 Listen Every Day Challenge - Fall 2022 🍁

Nov 9, Wed of Week 7 of Fall 2022 :maple_leaf:

Today I am a little troubled by choosing a next series to watch – I feel especially choosy today. Connected to VPN and looked at Netflix, and considered J-drama as well – can’t pick one. So, I looked at Youtube.

NHK series might be nice, but there are no native JP sub, only auto-generated one; so I watched the Japan Foundation’s instead. Several news channel, from what I have seen, might not be able to enable any subtitle at all.

I turned off subtitle (closed captioning), though; but used transcript instead. A pro is Transcript + Playlist = Related videos being pushed below the screen bottom. (There is a Chrome extension that can hide this as well - Enhancer for YouTube™ - Chrome Web Store) Another pro is I would look at transcript only when I need to, as well as I can precisely rewind when I want to.

I watched this one from NHK – [攻め旅] タイ 世界遺産近くの川にトレジャーハンターは実在した!お宝探しで家まで建てた男の生活とは | これって攻めすぎ!?世界旅行 | NHK - YouTube. Yeah, it’s about Bangkok, Thailand. With enough text and perhaps Kanji, I can generally understand the content.

I watched 3 episodes (out of 6) of Translator Spotlight from the Japan Foundation.

12 Likes