LGBTQ+/GSRM Book Club! Starting Mid September

This is all so new to me lol. Next time!

4 Likes

(Slight spoilers) There’s very little actual yuri content in the first volume, but it’s still a cute manga. Characters, comedy, and art are all good. I’ll definitely be buying the remaining two volumes.

1 Like

Oooh, yess. Add me to the list of beginners who are interested in following along. At worst I have some goals for reading in the future.

4 Likes

With how I’ve mentioned the series a ton of times on the forums, there’s obviously no way I won’t mention in every thread where I’ve mentioned the series that the first volume of 不可解なぼくのすべてを is currently free on bookwalker and booklive(and 100% points back instead on kindle). Other than that there’s also a small sale on the second volume :slight_smile:

(It seemed especially relevant for this thread :slight_smile: )

11 Likes

Hi, if it isn’t too late I’m also interested in joining. I’m looking forward to reading the first book. I’ve almost exclusively paid attention to (male) gay stuff while paying very little attention to lesbian experiences…

(Also, I hope we can read My Brother’s Husband/弟の夫 later!)

6 Likes

My copy of 弟の夫 is one the way.

My copy of 不可解なぼくのすべてを is already here.

I got you covered with the gay stuff, don’t worry bb!

I’ve loved having this group because they have recommended so many females experiences that I wouldn’t even have thought to look into, but I’m excited.

2 Likes

Hi, when are we starting さびしすぎてレズ風俗に行きましたレポ? :blush:

2 Likes

I am suuuuuper behind in the Sailor Moon book club (and very, very bad at understanding the grammar without Google-sensei)…but…the gay…it calls me…

I own, but have not read, 弟の夫 and would love to do that with other LGBTQ+/GSRM folks eventually.

4 Likes

So I caved and made my husband pick up the books (might as well grab vol. 2, right?). I took a look at the first few pages, and although the lack of furigana is daunting, it isn’t as bad as I thought? I really have been relying on furigana for kanji I ostensibly know.

4 Likes

Volume 2 of which one?

さびしすぎてレズ風俗に行きましたレポ

1 Like

Oh perfect, let me know how it is. and let me set up a quick poll…

• I have a copy of さびしすぎてレズ風俗に行きましたレポ, and I’m ready to start.
  • I have ordered it, but have not received it yet.
  • I don’t plan to read this one.

0 voters

次本・Up Next

Based on the poll the next book will be 不可解なぼくのすべてを, I’ve already bought my copy and I can tell you based of the first pages… the kanji looks easier in this one. Please find a way to read it, soon, and let anyone know if you find a good source. I ordered mine from Japanese amazon.

It was free for a while on bookwalker and booklive, so I grabbed it at the time.

1 Like

I’ll be skipping this one, but I’m planning on joining for 不可解なぼく.

2 Likes

@amagi, for the future, if there are some titles you would like manually added to the watchlist for the BookWalker Freebies Thread, please let me know. (This is a standing offer to all book-clubs, but thought I would mention it here.) The first volume of 弟の夫 has previously been up as free-to-keep, and is currently half-off, at 330 yen.

(p.s. I read the English translation of さびしすぎてレズ風俗に行きましたレポ and it was tremendously moving. I think it’s a really good choice.)

6 Likes

That’s seems to be all the votes. So, considering that everyone who plans to read already has the book, why don’t we officially start On Monday with the first chapter.

One chapter a week alright? Feel free to counter offer.

I have to say this is probably going to be rough for me, which is why I’m glad I have you guys with me, and it’s actually something I really want to read.

I have a few Japanese people that I talk to regularly. So I might ask them to help me read it, and I can pass on any knowledge to all y’all. Good Luck. The kanji is this one are upper level…

1 Like

Hey…kind of late to this thread, but I may go out this weekend to try and pick up a copy of this bad boy. I’m trying not to take on too many book clubs though since I got behind on 魔女の宅急便 but I’ll probably update again if I do. Definitely interested! :dolphin:

1 Like

Hi! And Welcome!

Feel free to jump in if you get the book! There will hopefully be many other books that interest you here after this as well.

1 Like

I don’t know enough yet to feel comfortable trying to read, but once I make it to the Beginner Book Club, I’ll definitely come back here to peruse the material! Thanks for starting this topic!

1 Like