LGBTQ+/GSRM Book Club! Currently Reading: はなものがたり 10/14-11/18!

頑張って勉強しましょう!Let’s study hard, so you can read with us in the future.

I was hoping to do something that helps beginners. Something less complicated than reading the whole manga but still supports their learning and is fun. Still brainstorming though. Maybe… Rewriting it in N5 grammar… and then having a read along? I dunno spitballing.

4 Likes

We have a ton of nominations already you are right about that. So only nominate a new one if it is REALLY good. lol.

2 Likes

I won’t join for the present time. I still have my hands full with reading the Aria manga.
But maybe later on… Have fun!

2 Likes

先ずは

My copy of the book came.

Second of all…

The first sentence has a Level 20 vocab in it… LOL what have I done to myself this time?!

1 Like

I’m gonna tell you a secret: Most manga and books will have many words you don’t know for a very long time. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It’s not a secret…

But this is one more word that I DO KNOW!

5 Likes

What? It’s like they’re not even trying to write things in relevant WaniKani tiers.

15 Likes

Go write those publishers an angry letter using only WaniKani-approved words!

12 Likes

Just want to say that I really love this idea (even though I likely won’t be able to participate :pensive: ). Every once in a while, I scour the internet for LGBT コミックエッセイ’s so if I find any I think people would like, I’ll share them with you all.

7 Likes

Oh my gosh, I would love you forever if you did this!~

Finding out about the LGBTQ+ reading group has really motivated me to study harder so I can join you all in the future. ^-^ I’m new to wanikani, and you all make me so glad I joined! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Oh! Do you have a list on hand? Because I am interested.

2 Likes

I can’t think of any titles off the top of my head but I know there’s been a bunch. They aren’t too hard to find with some Googling.

2 Likes

I will try!

I’m still very much in the beginner bracket myself. Hope to break into the intermediate by the end of the year. I will see what I can do.

2 Likes

I would Love to help with something like that ^^

2 Likes

I would love you for you to love to help with something like that. (and to actually help as well…)

1 Like

I hope you don’t do FukaBoku, just because I wouldn’t be able to read it at the same time as the other book clubs I’m in :see_no_evil: and I already bought it so that would be sad…

4 Likes

Oh no. That one looks like it’s winning the polls… It will be a little while until we get to it… BUT I am going to be a very slow reader, so I’m sure even if I start before you I will be reading after you finish…

Always happy to talk about queer books, FEAR NOT!

3 Likes

Next time can you let people view the poll results without voting? I’m not likely to participate, so I didn’t want to skew the results by voting. But I’d still like to follow along with the poll.

4 Likes

I’ll try!

I can show you this now…

5 Likes

Also best to make the voters public so we know who voted for what. :slight_smile:

3 Likes