~Level 7 Leaderboard Group

Soo… I’ve once again grown annoyed with WaniKani not letting me study individual kanji outside of my current level, so I think it’s about time I additionally study kanji on another SRS platform :see_no_evil:

Before I dive into an hour long google search, I’ll summon the combined knowledge of this group:
Any recommendations on Anki decks, or anything of the like, for purely studying kanji in a fashion similar to WaniKani? (I don’t need mnemonics or vocab, but I do like my radicals and readings)

1 Like

Few more level ups on. my leaderboard.

@MinTako 10 → 11,
@trombonekun91 10 → 11,
@ganbareniichan 5 → 6

Good job everyone! Welcome to the Pain levels

6 Likes

You must have refreshed this right as I leveled up because it only happened a few minutes ago xD And thank you!

I think this is the first level I’ve gotten to where there are more new kanji than kanji I already knew from before starting wanikani D: It’s definitely going to get a lot harder for me from here on out.

3 Likes

True!! Good luck with lessons! Genki 2 is on hold for me atm while I get used to school and try and find some work so until then, WK and regular conversation + reading will be my focus

Yas @Ajivila and @Diamond_Dust, too! Gonna いいね、すごい、すばらしい the hell out of everyone’s posts lol

I also found that around 11 and above is where kanji and vocab got a little tougher for me (but im not very good in general lmao). You’ll get the hang of it! You just gotta vibe through it

3 Likes

@Diamond_Dust @Meeks33 Super fun to hear! though I may respond a bit sluggish since I am in Sweden and the timezone is CET (GMT+1 hour). Everyone I meet online has trouble talking with me cause of that :pensive: though I am looking forward to being friends!

3 Likes

I used this guy before Wanikani. I really liked this deck and the method but found Anki SRS just wasn’t enough accountability for me to keep going after taking the N3 Dec 2019. Adding in the individual kanji plus radicals you’re hoping to learn while keeping the rest suspended would probably work great for what you’re wanting it for. It DOES include mnemonics and also a few jukugo per card but doesn’t test you on them.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/748570187

Maybe that will help.

@Meeks33, thanks! I’m finally getting close to the approximate level 7 of this group, lol. And finally getting a sprinkling of some new to me vocab here and there.

4 Likes

I actually think the majority of people I’ve seen post where they are from in this thread have been from Europe :smiley: I’m in Denmark myself, and would love to be study buddies!

3 Likes

I am drowning in durtles this morning! So many lessons!

3 Likes

Just finished all, took me almost 1h…Im glad that my leveling up is synced with weekends. I can take my time to do the lessons, and since i realized there’s no advantage in rushing vocab itens Im doing around 30 lessons a day and waiting at least 24h to make the KaniWanis lessons aswell.

4 Likes

Look at all them speedy durtles. I still haven’t touched my lvl 11 radicals :sob:
Grammar studies alone are keeping me plenty busy… 3x

Also, for all them new people: neversleep created a Discord Server for this group, in case you want to join! All them motivated people are currently planning a よつばと! reading group there 3x
If you join, make sure to change your Server-Nickname to be the same as on WaniKani, so things are less confusing.

5 Likes

Im too shy for that!

1 Like

Im priorizing WK, even though i should probably be doing the other way around

I did not even tried to read the one i bought yet! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Don’t worry, only some of us bite and most ask for permission. You can always just join and lurk 3x

3 Likes

Really? Wow! That is surprising actually! I look forward to being study buddies. I could use some company on my road to learning Japanese Hahaha :blush:

1 Like

This!! :grin: We will have a sign up sheet for people who want to read parts aloud, but you are more than welcome to join and enjoy our impeccable acting skills haha.

@edzin Perfect opportunity to read along with a group!!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m from the UK so there’s definitely a good few europeans around here :grin:

3 Likes

Woah, seems like there are more Europeans than I thought!
@Meeks33 @Ajivila @MinTako @Diamond_Dust
Also if I may ask, how far are you into your Japanese studies?

I’ve only managed to use WaniKani, though I’m planning on using grammar guides and a JFZ textbook when I get to level 10 on WaniKani.

(Btw if any of you want to talk on discord and start a groupchat there, then I don’t mind)

2 Likes

Let me tell you about this great resource called Jalup… 3x-2

Just kidding, I’m also from Europe though.

5 Likes

Uh oh…the monster has been unleashed! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That’s really cool.
There’s definitely a lot of European people here on WaniKani that I did not know about…

Do you also want to be study buddies?
I’m trying to find people who study Japanese so I don’t feel so lonely on my journey of learning Japanese >_>

2 Likes