🍰 Level 60! 🍰

Whoa what a ride
You’re definently going places.
Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Congrats! Awesome to hear your story!
I’m really curious about what job you will be doing, if you’re okay with sharing that of course.

1 Like

Say it again for the people in the back! Say again for me… So that my brain actually listens… I know you’re right but some times it’s hard advice to remember especially at the beginning, before you have master, enlightened, and burned reviews hitting you.

1 Like

Thanks!

Data science/big data. The company focuses on recruiting foreign IT engineers as there is a lack of such in Japan as I heard.

Exactly! You feel it once burn items start rolling in and you can’t recall half of the words.

That happens a lot to me for burn reviews, mainly for levels where I abused undo scripts a bit too much.

Eventually you are expected to start reading native material where you should encounter most of the kanji, mainly those form lower levels, so burn reviews should not get too surprising. That is if you read.

1 Like

Awesome. I’m a software engineer with 4 years experience. When my Japanese becomes sufficient I might explore working there in the future…

2 Likes

That’s good advice! The more you read and the quicker you start reading, within reason, the more you will start seeing all of these kanji regularly and burn reviews won’t be as difficult that is actually great advice. I had never heard it that way before but it definitely makes sense!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.