Level 60. How Long Did it Take YOU?

Honestly, I don’t know. I began my kanji journey a few years back, with a yearly subscription. I wasn’t super consistent, and when my subscription ran out, I cba to renew it (it was back when you had to manually renew yearly subscriptions). I picked it up again after a few months I think? Buuut then my wallet died of starvation (again) and my kanji journey was once again set on pause. I think I also lost interest for a while, because I just renewed my subscription recently, and I tackled about 400 reviews in the span of 3 days x.x So yeah, I think it took me about 2-3 years to get this far, with a lot of inconsistency and breaks xD Though I think I might level up in a few days, maybe sometime next week I’ll hit level 11 :thinking:

Level 2-60 took me 355 days! :slight_smile: I dont know how long Level 1 actually took me since I made an account and did nothing with it for a long time…but I’m pretty sure I did it in under a year!

16 Likes

holy guacamole, < 7 days levels, that’s insane!!! so you usually got up in the middle of the night to do some reviews? that level of commitment is divine, you’ve got to be like in a top 50 fastest users ever

1 Like

Yep…had many levels where I had to get up in the middle of the night. If I was scheduled to level up in the middle of the night I’d pre-study the kanji so I could blast through the lessons.

Actually Level 59 I had a review at 2 a.m. and I was like “eff that a few hours won’t make a difference” and slept through it. That’s why 59 is slightly higher than the rest of the 50’s haha.

1 Like

My graph pretty much looks like this so far. I’m very dedicated as well.

(This is a lie. A big lie.)

Back in my day we didn’t even have a level 60.

4 Likes

I remember before level 60 when they would shut the site down for 30 minutes or so and add vocab. Then when the site came back up you would have 40 new lessons for all the vocab added under your level.

1 Like

I think that still happened for a bit after 60 was added? Either way, the higher your level the worse that was.

2 Likes

I took my sweet time but finally arrived too :grin:.

It took me a little over 2 years and 3 months to reach this point with nearly 6k burns.
One reason for the length was my year in Japan around level 50 where I did not progress much. I was more focused on other aspects of Japanese (speaking/listening/grammar) during that time and did like only 5 levels in a year or something.

5 Likes

2 years and 6 months.
I don’t do reviews on weekends and only review in the morning and just before work.

Took it really slow but I made it and that’s all that matters.

5 Likes

That’s a solid performance. Well done.

It’s going slower this time around.

1 Year, 3 Months and 2 Weeks, according to the calculator I just used. I expected to be done in a month since I took things really fast in the beginning and abused the “undo” feature on the app, but then I realized I wasn’t retaining as much as I should be so I slowed it down.

I still have some issues with the more complicated early kanji so I do wish there was an option to un-burn specific kanji. But nonetheless I am super happy with my results and the program itself, I live in Japan and I can read damn near everything but first names at this point.

1 Like

Just click the “Resurrect” button at the bottom of any burned item.

2 Likes

Oh. Huh. I never noticed that! Thank you! :smiley:

not long. only 3 years till lvl 24, and then a few hours or so.

or maybe not. will let you know when i find out, hehe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.