Level 60 has been achieved

Congrats and thanks for sharing your insights!

I got it. Now I’m trying to remind myself がん Ghandi. こん Condor. ほぅ @Whologist. ほ Who.

2 Likes

That‘s one of the new additions in Webster‘s dictionary. It‘s called „Humblebrag“.

Congratulations! Amazing feat and very interesting read. You‘re a hero! A Superhero.

2 Likes

Agreed. I never accept a mistake on my first round of reviews (only), and I don’t feel like it has affected my memory thereafter.

1 Like

Not really… one is Kyoto and the other one is Little Kyoto :wink:

1 Like

Oh boy, yeah that did not help me at all, too little of a detail to stick. :smiley:

1 Like

The difference can’t be bigger. Kyoto is a real city. Former capital of Japan and even now still one if its most important cities.

Little Kyoto doesn’t exist. There is Little Tokyo in Los Angeles, where historically many Japanese people lived, and there are parts of other cities that have been informally called Little Tokyo (Vancouver, Düsseldorf), but Little Kyoto is a fictional place.

1 Like

That’s certainly true, but I did not think about it that much when learnign those kanji.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.