Level 4 even with no premium

Hey!
I wanted to finish level 3 and then subscribe for a year.
I just brought 90% Kanji in level 3 to Guru and… it says I am level 4 now and I unlocked lessons too?
How is that possible, I didn’t upgrade yet, also it still has the popup saying “upgrade to premium now”!

2 Likes

You probably unlocked vocabulary from level 3 that was locked due to kanji level 3. As you guru the kanji, you get unlocked vocab from that same level that uses the kanji you just guru’d.

You’re indeed level 4 (on the forums) because you guru’d 90% of kanji. However, you don’t get to do content from level 4 unless you subscribe :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Your WaniKani main site profile says you are level 3, as one would expect from being unsubscribed. The forum shows whatever your level would be if you were subscribed.

6 Likes

I see.
So as soon as I subscribe I get new lesson unlocks right away?

1 Like

Yes, should be.

2 Likes

Each level works the same- radical-kanji-vocab- so yes to getting new lessons right away BUT you’d still have to deal with the pending L3 vocab first…that said, you can poke around the forums to learn how to reorder things (if you want that option). :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the help!
I finally did it and subscribed for a year, the trial convinced me!
Here we go, my journey is only starting xd

And yep I did unlock new level 4 lessons right away!

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.