Level 25, and Proud!

Doesn’t matter how long it takes YOU, as long as you don’t give up for real at any point.

You stopped because life happened but you are jumping back on the WK train and that is always commendable, especially when you come back and have 1.5 million reviews to do (exaggerating of course).

Don’t stop and best of luck!

2 Likes

Yep - the forum is quite often a level behind, but it rights itself if you log in/out! :joy_cat:

You already deleted your post so I assumed you figured it out, but just in case, you just need to log in and out of the forms :joy: :heart:

3 Likes

haha, yup, got it straightened out. I figured WK thought I stayed at 24 so long, I just liked it there! :rofl:

4 Likes

Hey, learning a language isn’t a race. It doesn’t matter how you get there, the point is that you stick with it! Me personally, I do my best to stick to the 7-8 days per level, but that’s just my perfectionism and desire to get it over and done with. Everyone learns differently! Best of luck!

1 Like

When I was in the 20s, my goal was lvl 30. Then when I hit lvl 30, my goal was 45, etc. Baby steps. Take your time, but stay consistent. Keep up the good work, you’ll have your cake soon enough!

4 Likes

Now that I’m at level 45, my goal is 52 as level 51 has so many useful and frequent Kanji. Beyond that I will go at snail speed and focus on other areas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I respect that. I’m so close I can almost taste that cake though, so I gotta see it through haha. Although, I’m actually finding that the lvl 50+ kanji are somewhat easier? I’m not sure if that’s because I’ve been studying kanji so long that it’s gotten easier to learn them or if it’s because the less common kanji are made up of more varied/interesting radicals that it makes the mnemonics stick better. Either way, I’m still cruisin’ for the end. But that’s just me haha. Best of luck for 52!

5 Likes

I’m very new! How can I access my graph, the Level-Up graph shared to show time(days) x Wanikani Levels?

2 Likes

Hi! You can use https://www.wkstats.com/ ! You’ll need your API key, which is found in your account settings. It gives you all kinds of cool data. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply!

Welcome! You just happened to catch me trolling forums instead of doing work, haha!

LOL I read that in Anakins voice!

Also is that a dark mode you have there?

2 Likes

Yes it is ^0^ :heart: You can change it in your settings if you prefer it~

3 Likes

Had no idea it was build in already, you have saved my eyes for many nights to come. Thank you!

1 Like

love it. I am in a new job and barely able to get 50 reviews per day. I am backlogged and stressed out and trying not to sweat it too much!

3 Likes

Hi Chantruese
i am so with you on the pacing yourself and allowing life to take over at times without guilt. I’m on level 18 but also am owner builder on our new house build, and managing my mother’s end of life. Yeah sometimes WK has to stay on hold. Then when you get back to it it’s a really settling feeling to come back to learning. Sometimes you just have to do life. Keep it up and ultimately we’ll get to 60. (Maybe not before I turn 60) :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear about your mom. We had to talk about hospice care for my mom a couple of years ago when her kidneys failed, and she initially refused dialysis. She came around a week later to agreeing, but that was a rough time. I’m sending good vibes your way! Good job getting through the important stuff in life, and then getting back to the other, more minor stuff when you can! :heart:

3 Likes

Nice job, I just hit lvl 25 today too. Here is mine. Not many people get past the 20s so we should be proud.

2 Likes

forward! never give up

3 Likes