Level 21 before 2021!

I am quite late with the response but on iOS you can use Tsurukame which also has an option to use different fonts in the settings

1 Like

So, it’s been a while. Hi :slight_smile:

I stopped doing reviews and lessons for all the wrong and usual reasons and bad excuses (no time, exhausted from night shift, feeling down, feeling bad about hundreds of reviews piling up …)

Now I’ve got almost 700 reviews waiting :see_no_evil:

But this is some sort of official announcement that I’ll squash them all starting right now. Level 21 is waiting.

10 Likes

Good luck with tackling your review pile, you can do it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome back! I missed you! You’ll get through them. Level 21 is out there waiting for you!

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, it was great to pass my previous record <3 And it’s even greater because I’m still feeling very motivated to keep pushing.

6 Likes

Congrats on your completion :grin:

Level 15 is quite good. Apart from one or two pesky ones, this level seems quite calming compared to the tsunami of feelings Vocab from Level 14 :joy:

ありがとうゆうずうさん。僕は元気です。

3 Likes

The most important thing is that you are back tugboat san

Here’s a power up to help you in your quest

4 Likes

Following some of my favorite anime words from previous levels (Nakama, Sharin etc.), the below one is a major fan favorite. I am not going to forget this one.

Anyone who has seen “Death Note” with fan subs will not forget this legendary scene/meme :joy_cat:

keikaku

9 Likes

I laugh for this exact reason every time I see this word.

I should hit 21 during my review session in about four hours. It’s really crept up on me. Work has been entirely crazy and I think the only piece of my life I’ve managed to hold steady is WK just due to being on a strict schedule. There were a couple of mornings when I overslept and missed a review and lesson session, but I’ve somehow managed to make them and and keep on a pace of 8-9 days per level.

It’ll be nice to hit that 21 here, but then it’s on to setting another goal to make sure I keep moving forward. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just did a review and forgot to check for typos before hitting enter :sob: :sob: Now the vocab word went from master to guru again. Waaaah! :tired_face:

1 Like

Maybe this will help me remember this rather strange word and reading.

2 Likes

Welcome back, from however long you’ve been gone!
I just did this, I’ve been back 3 weeks now and after slamming through my 800+ review pile, I now regret it as I have a huge pile coming back at me every Monday.

Good news is that it gets smaller each week (and when I pass some off to Tuesdays…) and I’ve discovered the Wrap Up button. Enter the reviews screen, hit the wrap up button, do 10 reviews, feel accomplished, go do something else for 2-3 minutes (check on a game, go get the mail, change the laundry, etc), then come back and do 10 more reviews. This gets me past the “Omg there are 120 reviews in that pile” feeling. It’s only 10 reviews, I can do 10 reviews in no time.

Good luck! We’re all going to make it to 21 and beyond.

6 Likes

Hahaha. The memes are fun and they burn pretty easily into memory.

Hearty Congratulations on reaching your target PaperbackAddict San :sparkles:Here’s a cake for you :birthday:
You can join the “Let’s climb Tokyo Skytree” - a sister thread for levels 21-60. If you haven’t already joined, You can find the link in the first post of this thread. You will find most of the usual suspects in this thread over there as well. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wonderful username :raised_hands:t2: Fellow book lover :smiley:

You will get accustomed to it :joy_cat: You can install “Undo” script to avoid this circumstance. Be careful, it is very easy and tempting to abuse the script. As long as you stick to the case at hand, you should be good. :slightly_smiling_face:

Absolutely, the Internet is full of “Keikaku” memes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:(gotta love Light Yagami’s intense looks in the pic).

We have a Code Geass meme for “Keisan”, but it is a huge spoiler for the wonderful series so I refrained from posting that one.

A belated “Welcome back” to you Rei san :metal:

1. You returned to WK.
  2. You crushed a huge pile of 800+ reviews.
  3. You are clearing the consequent review piles every week without fail.

That’s a triple treat :clap: I tip my hat to your perseverance :cowboy_hat_face: Yes, let’s get to Level 21 and beyond together :metal:

7 Likes

Level 16^^ It (level 15) only took me 11 days instead of 22 like level 14. I can now see the effect of not having university exams anymore.
Let’s see how level 16 turns out.

5 Likes

I follow this thread even though I hit 21 like a month ago.

Just wanna say keep it up everyone. :smiley:

11 Likes

Would you recommend Tae Kim despite some of his misexplanations?

1 Like

Brilliant :ok_hand: The two top Anime words I recognized lately were やくそく and のうりょく.

3 Likes

Personally I would not. I felt that it left me more confused than anything. I was completely mixed up on the different particles. I really would have a hard time recommending anything besides Cure Dolly. She’s just that good. If sitting down to watch a video is too much of a commitment you can download the audio and put it on your phone. Most of the visuals in the video are just little cutesy drawings. The voice will sound weird at first, but I got used to it pretty quickly. It sounds totally normal to me now.

Edit: This video is a pretty good start since we’re all learning kanji, she talks about the on and kun readings and gives an English analogy.

5 Likes

I can never speak enough praise for Cure Dolly. Those videos are so good at explaining grammar concepts.

3 Likes

Thank you! That fear is what kept me from reading it and I’m always interested in hearing people’s opinion.
I’m already watching Cure Dolly, actually, but thanks for recommending it.

3 Likes