Level 21 before 2021!

Month and a half for 6 levels sounds about right if you’re going at the full speed WaniKani lets you. Which to be fair, would be considered quite fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

That one level a week, close to max speed! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wooo level 10! This feels like a big milestone!

That script looks great! But I just installed it and I don’t see anything new on my dashboard - where should it be appearing? I already have WK Open Framework, so it’s not that :thinking:

7 Likes

That IS a big milestone! Congrats! Halfway to the goal in this thread and 1/6 of the way to level 60. Onwards and upwards!

5 Likes

There something you have to fix in the script.

This post tells you what to do. It’s a little bit of work to figure it out but it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Thank you everybody for your help and encouragements (@Marifly, @kurseddragon @KyokaJiro @amagi ) it helped me stay focused.
I find that every time I take a break (due to work, vsiting family and being away or holiday) I lose track and put too much stress on myself. So what I will do now is stay on level 18 (whilst actually being 19) and cleaning up. As soon as I am back on track I will take on level 19.
But, I don’t have much spare time due to my personal life atm. But hey, I am level 19 now, and my goal is 21, so that should still be doable, even though I am planning taking 2 weeks per level and continuous educating development courses I have to follow online due to corona, aaand taking a month of in October.
hmm maybe level 19 is a nice way to finish off the year too haha.
Sorry for rambling, and thanks for all your help!

6 Likes

Yes, you can do it. You have 4 month to clear these 2 (3) level, the goal is in sight. Keep doing the review so they do not stack to an amount that will not be manageable. :wink:

3 Likes

There was a part in Tae Kim where he makes you write out the most common godan verbs that look like ichidan verbs. It was a pain in the ass but now I remember those verbs a lot of the time. I don’t know if I would really want to spend a significant amount of time on it at my level because it was a slow process. I’d rather work on acquiring vocab recognition.

2 Likes

It is okay to rest. While it is awesome to reach Level 21 and more by the end of the year, it is okay even if you don’t reach that milestone. Make sure you don’t burn out, it is okay to go from gear 5 to gear 1 and catch your breath. We are in it for the long run. (In my opinion it takes a lot more will power to get back when one is burned out and takes a six month break. It might be easier to slow down and avoid burn out.)

I love sports anime because of the real life lessons it teaches. One of the most important things is, if you practice heavily without break, you will end up injuring/harming yourself. The ideal way is to do lots of practice Interspersed with enough protein/food and rest/sleep for your body to recover and become strong. (Feel free to ignore my words if they don’t resonate with you :slightly_smiling_face:)

強くなれゆうずうさん :running_man::running_woman:

5 Likes

I managed to drop WK for a week, whoops… My fingers hurt :cry:

3 Likes

Congrats on your level up monkeyshine san :sparkles: sometimes you get chocolate flavored frogs and sometimes you get boogey flavored frogs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Congrats Time san :metal: I am curious about your 1.21 GigaWatt title :thinking:

Welcome to the Durtling party Language_Lover san :grin: We are happy to have you with us. Can someone have a more apt username than yours :wink:?

Congrats Bridden san :sunglasses: your memory and attention to detail is awesome :clap:

Hearty congratulations hodgeling san :grinning: every time I read your username, the word “ fledgling “ pops in my mind :laughing:

Hope you feel better nadeyanen San :crossed_fingers: I have missed you in the forums, you have the best profile picture in the forum. Every time I see your cat with “Lit eyes”, it lights up the fire in my eyes :wink::fire:

6 Likes

I don’t use any really, I’m always on the move so I use my mobile (Flaming Durtles)

1 Like

Just levelled up to 20! :tada:

It was another 7.5 day level for me because I had to postpone my reviews over the weekend because of my birthday. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I had to reset from lvl 16 to lvl 3, and I don’t regret it. I really needed to start over. But here I am now :smiley:

4 Likes

Yay! Just one more and you’ll be at 21!

Welcome back!

2 Likes

Congrats on your level up tnetennba3 san :smile: You are getting close to graduation :rocket: Belated Happy Birthday to you :cake: Have a fantastic year ahead :gift:

4 Likes

Nice, you did it!! You passed your old self (I see you’re level 17 now?)

That will be me soon! But it took me almost 10 days to get through last level’s vocab backlog. :cold_sweat: I finally did my first level 10 radicals today. That said, it’s nice to finally be doing it! There have been a few curveballs! Not sure how you guys with the 7-day levels manage it, but it’s impressive! Things don’t stick in my brain very well if I go that fast, but at least I’m aware of it. Knowing yourself is half the battle :grin:

6 Likes

I have the exact same problem, but I would explain it differently.

It I was purely learning new things, I would be happy to keep adding more… but the reviews. More than 150 reviews a day is actually torturous because specifically they aren’t new. So I’m overworked, and bored at the same time.

I’m happy to be overworked taking on too many new kanji at a time, but then the backlog of reviews KILLS me.

I still on my repeat levels though, I’m sure in five more levels I’d also be totally lost in the kanji, but taking it slow is SO hard.

2 Likes

Oh, for sure. I sped through the first few levels since I still remembered everything from before, and I don’t mind doing 150+ reviews if they’re so easy I bolt through like lightning. But once I got to stuff that felt hard, I really slowed down. I get a lot more frustrated with reviews if my accuracy is bad, so in that sense, taking lessons slow is easier for me.

I basically do a set of lessons, then gauge how hard it was to hold that set in my mind before deciding whether I should add more. Sometimes if the vocab was easy (super logical or words I already know) then I can stack more, or if it’s hard (new readings, obscure meanings) I back off.

3 Likes

They do resonate :slight_smile: Thank you KyokaJiro!
And I did it, I learned all the Vocab from level 18, and now I will take a step back and wait for the apprentice items to go down before taking on any more. Might even stay like this untill the middle of september, just to get some pressure off before continuining.

Hope you are doing well too, how is it on level 15? がんばってね KyokaJiroさん!

4 Likes