Level 21 before 2021!

I second this. I joined this thread because it seemed more relaxed compared to the other goals threads. The others are either racing against each other or racing towards the finish line, but I never went into WaniKani with that type of pace in mind.

@Yuuzuu Try typing “mushi” or “kaze” or “mizu” when WK is asking for meaning :sweat_smile:

Thanks @MissSandy :smile:

Welcome @mikeyboy :confetti_ball:

4 Likes

So I’m now level 12 but…

20200731_151311

My Masters have come back around to give me a whooping rip

11 Likes

I’m finally at level 10!!! It’s kind of crazy.

11 Likes

Nicely done \o/

2 Likes

Lol! Yep!
I’m happy to finally be working on level 12.
But the “yay I went up a level” wears off all too soon!
Good luck to you!

6 Likes

Just a bit of sharing here. After in-person lessons came to a halt back in March due to Covid-19, I finally returned to the classroom this week. As we were a big class of over 30 students before, lessons are once a week now instead of twice weekly to adhere to social distancing. The two groups of students learn the same content on different days in the same week. It’s going to take longer to complete the course, but I can see that all the self-study that I’ve been doing so far has helped. At least I’m not struggling too hard to pick up and later recall vocabulary, and when 先生 asked if there’s an easier way to say おととい (the other day / day before yesterday), I could even offer up 先日. :smiley:

13 Likes

Into the 1000 “Enlightened” club.

And the word I got for my 1000th was “Gladiator” radical. Way to mark an occasion :tada:

15 Likes

16!
Level 15 went by fairly easy. I was able to keep a 0/0 for three days, that has never happened before (I never try to get 0/0, but I’m always happy when it happens). I struggled a lot more with the earlier levels’ vocabulary than this one. I hope it continues like this until 21 but I doubt it :slight_smile:

9 Likes

sigh

This is extremely hard for me to do now that uni is back in.
I can clearly see why I’ve lapsed every single time.
In the past I didn’t persevere as much and I understand why now.

My Reviews Summary is now dropping to the low 80s to high 70s for % answered correctly.
New material is just not sticking in my brain while I’m studying other things that my brain has likely labeled as super important in comparison…

Edit: The one I did just now: 73%

le sigh

11 Likes

I’d really like to do new lessons but every time I log on wanikani I have a stack of 80 reviews to do first.
:rage:

6 Likes

Yay! Welcome to the club! Wonder how high we’ll go before we start burning.

Congrats on your level up!

It gets tougher as you go higher, and you have uni on top of that. Try to slow down and be kind to yourself! It will get easier.

2 Likes

I love it when I’m on 0/0 right before level up!

12 Likes

Yay! Good job, a nice clean plate ready for the 朝ごはん食べ放題 of a new level.

3 Likes

Hey, you’ll be okay. :muscle: As someone who hit the same wall at level 11 before, I’m determined to pass it this time and I know you can too!

If your brain is overloaded, which it sounds like it is, give it a rest and do your reviews only. Don’t worry about lessons unless you feel there’s space in your brain, maybe on the weekends or any other time you feel more capable. You won’t be going max speed, but that’s fine. Just keep doing your reviews every day and the load will decrease. You’ll keep your place and make your way through. I believe in you!

6 Likes

I finally leveled up to level 14^^
It took me again quite a while but primarily because I had only time for Wanikani once per day due to my exams.

Nice side effect, I have only 30 apprentice items right now before leveling up :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Don’t worry. Study hard. Do your school work first!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Looks like I’m late to the 21 before 21 party! Still, I think I have a shot at it. Let’s do this!

5 Likes

Yay! Congrats! For me at least, 14 was easier than 13.

Welcome! Just go as far as you can! Even if you don’t make it to level 21, you’ll still learn a lot!

1 Like

Level 15! And from 0/0 to 62 lessons pending. Hope to get back to 0/0 next week!

11 Likes