Level 21 before 2021!

Is it possible to get to level 21 at this point for me? lol
Ima try my hardest but sometimes its about 1.5 weeks for me to level up (i reset my levels from 7 recently lol)

2 Likes

It will be hard, but doable I think. There are 156 days left in the year. You are on level 3 so you need 17 more levels, plus the time left on level 3. That’s about 9 days per level. The fastest you can go is a little less than 7 days per level. Even if you don’t make it, if you “only” get to level 15 or so, you will still have learned a lot! Onwards and upwards!

8 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for that helpful information. Level 15 would still be a dream! haha

1 Like

I’m not sure if I “officially” joined this group, but I’ve read some of the posts, and decided to “level 21 before 2021” as a sort of personal goal.
But that was back at level 9 or 10.
Now I’m in 11.
And I just must say … perhaps I should be in the “complaining” thread … that Level 11 is horrible. That “painful” moniker WK has on 11-20 may be right. B/c I am SO sick and tired of level 11!
I have some hope I may graduate to 12 today.
But I’m not expecting much better out of it!
(Seriously, there has been some level 11 vocab I’ve really enjoyed. But I’m just tired of the level.) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I hope that you get through it soon!

1 Like

Thanks! No luck with the 4:00 review, but maybe soon!
I got 100% on the mere 3 items, but none of them were the kanji I needed.

2 Likes

If you can’t remember them well why not write them down on paper or make yourself some flashcards by hand and study extra?
Nevertheless I am sure you will be able to do it! :muscle:

4 Likes

Been there done that and I can feel you. All I can tell you is that if you keep going it will pass. I had the same feelings in my late level 20‘s and it just didn’t stop. Until I pulled through. Then it got better.

But here I am on level 5 again. So don‘t rush and enjoy the ride, even if you hate it right now.

3 Likes

I’m almost halfway there!

Hi everyone :smile:

That is to say, I made it to Level 10! It feels unbelievable. When I started, I did not even think I could stick with this for so long! [Days studied: 100% (111 of 111), Longest streak: 111 (current 111)]

So, now it’s almost August, and we got like five months left to the year. I made it here in less than four months, so I am somehow thinking that there is enough time for me to actually make it to 21. However, for some reason, I’m not 100% about it. Someone further along who can give me a better idea, please?

Another thing, as happens every level up, WaniKani sent me an email and part of it reads: “As in, you should be burning items and getting them out of your review queue. If you aren’t, you will soon.” This concerns me because, according to the plugin I got, I don’t start getting burns until like October… What’s going on here? There can be no way that’s what they mean by “soon.” Is something up?

Thanks and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

8 Likes

Good idea, but right now just keeping up with WK reviews is as much as I can do. And I’m really a visual/reading type learner anyhow. I feel like the WK method is working as well as anything could for me.
Seriously, in English conversation a few hours ago, I said “lion” when I meant “dragon.” Not a joke. I called a dragon a lion.
I have to expect I’ll make quite a few mistakes in 日本語.

2 Likes

I waited for my first burns for so long that when I finally got them I nearly didn’t notice! I’m on 11 now (still), so yeah, it’ll probably be soon for you.

2 Likes

Congrats on your level up! Halfway there, that’s awesome!

Yes, plenty of time! There are 155 days left in the year, and with 10 levels, that’s 15 days per level. You can do it!

I was wondering about the same thing, and I think the answer is that we go faster than expected! Burns happen after 6 months. You could still be on level 1 after 6 months, or you could be on level 20. Just keep doing your reviews, and you’ll get there!

2 Likes

If your burns are still that far way, that really is a good thing! It shows how fast you went - faster than even the WK was able to handle :wink:.

1 Like

That is so cool! I’m hoping that, in the coming months, this whole process would be more normal for me that I don’t notice those levels much anymore, like you did!

Thank you, @Marifly and @zEUs_japanese. That makes me feel more positive about this :smile:

That kinda makes sense, if we are speaking relatively to our own progress. However, the website homepage puts emphasis in how you can make it to level 60 in just over a year. If they don’t expect you to be even faster than this, as they are showing in their newsletters, then it really sounds like they don’t quite believe in their own timelines.

Ah, well, I shouldn’t be too concerned about that, I guess. It’s a marketing thing, I suppose. Can’t really do anything about that anymore, especially since I’m already signed up :laughing:

Cheers!

4 Likes

Lol, you’re right - I’ve never thought about that ^^.

1 Like

Level 7 ^^ so far so good
however in August ill go on a holiday with my family so the level up gonna slow down :frowning:

6 Likes

Congrats on your level-up!

On your vacation, skip doing new lessons but keep doing your reviews! If you can’t do your reviews. put WK in vacation mode. That way you won’t have a mountain of reviews waiting for you when you get back!

3 Likes

So can we raise the stack up to level 30 by now??

This thread is for up to level 21 only. You’re welcome to stay here after you reach 21 too, of course, but I’m not going to raise the level of the thread. The whole point is to finish level 20 in 2020 and start level 21 before 2021!

If you want to go further and reach level 60 in the spring of 2022 you can look at the Skytree thread. There are also other race-to-level-60 threads.

3 Likes

This is not a race, this is just doing my business on systematic schedule

2 Likes