Level 21 before 2021!

Congrats Amagi san :slight_smile:

tenor166

3 Likes

He does not look like a complete freak. He is burning with the passion of youth.

If one does not love Rock Lee from his fight with Gaara in S2, I don’t know what will :grin:

3 Likes

Congrats Jamuko san :grin:

tenor167

5 Likes

Honestly, there’s no reason other than the fact that I was inspired by tankwidow saying they were going to get apprentice down to 0. I haven’t done any lessons and now I’m at 12 apprentice items. I have 74 reviews coming at midnight so it’s starting to feel impossible! This is wickedly difficult - do not recommend!

2 Likes

I may have been overambitious in thinking it was possible to get the apprentice queue to 0. I’ve been doing this for weeks and haven’t made much progress.

2 Likes

Where are they coming from? Is it because you’re getting some wrong or what?

2 Likes

Yeah, some old (sometimes new?) leeches get knocked down from master to guru to apprentice if things go wrong. Guru 2 items get knocked directly down to apprentice 4.
More on demotion here: WaniKani’s SRS Stages | WaniKani Knowledge
It can be infuriating. Since tankwidow chimed in saying that it might have been a lofty goal, I might just start doing lessons February 1st if I can’t get down to 0 by then.

2 Likes

Gotta remember the first burn :heart_eyes:. And it had to be prison XD. Cud have taken an SS but my office PC still runs internet explorer and the community website barely loads :joy:

7 Likes

3 Likes

I rushed to get to 21 so a lot didn’t stick at the guru level, and now they’re all coming back into apprentice while I try to get them to stick into memory.

It’s only been a few weeks so far but if I’m not getting any closer after a few months maybe I’ll rethink my goal.

6 Likes

It’s so hard not to rush. I’m doing 18 new items a day, and it’s still a little too much with things getting ready to burn. I want to get to level 60 by the end of the year… but maybe this is a silly unnecessary goal…

5 Likes

I’ve been at level 60 for most of a year now and I have 20 items at Apprentice. Don’t hold your breath. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

People talk about burning everything but I imagine that takes years? Would you say that’s true?

5 Likes

I just got 25 burns and I’m already excited. Can’t wait to take some stuff off from my review pile. :joy:

6 Likes

The very first opportunity to burn the last item is within 6 months of your last level 60 lesson. But it will be totally dependent on the amount of leeches you have at that point.

There’s really no way for Ken to answer that question for someone else, because it is totally depended on the date you stop getting any reviews wrong. You will burn your last review about 5 or 6 months after the last time you get a review wrong, because when you get a review wrong it goes back two levels so you have to enlighten and burn it at very least.

Fastest to level sixty is a little over a year. So fastest to all items burn is one year and seven months. (I personally believe this would be very taxing for a brain…)

More reasonable is about 1.5 to 2 years to level sixty and at least 9 months to all items burned, (I arbitrarily added 3 months to deal with leeches, but you could add a even more to be generous). So you could be looking at 2-3, even 4+ years to burn every item, depending on your accuracy rate.

I hope this helps, umm… I get overly analytical about my hobbies…

5 Likes

I’ve been rushing all the way from level 1 to level 19 only to notice around level 15-16 that I am doing the reviews and can’t remember any kanji anymore. And in the meantime the review pile was growing and growing so the temptation to abuse the ‘ignore’ button was really high. I went on vacation mode and after 3-months break and last 3 weeks of really intense review of kanji I am ready to start again but NO MORE 7 days per level, it’s kinda pointless.

I remember looking at this thread back in July and I was laughing that before 2021 I will be on level 35. But here I am, with a tail between my legs lol

8 Likes

We’ve all been there, making too ambitious goals at the beginning of our studies. It’s important to pace yourself so you can stick with it in the long term. Good luck!

7 Likes

I know I’m like the only one still here… but…

… level 20

I’ll come to the new thread at level 21.

6 Likes

One last level, you’re so close! Go go go :wink:

4 Likes

I’m still watching out for you! ^ _ ^

3 Likes