Let's read Harry Potter from September 1st!

Chapter 7 thread up! Who is still reading along?

ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 - chapter 7

3 Likes

I just started Chapter 6, but I’m catching up!

1 Like

Yep, I just started reading Harry Potter three weeks ago and finished chapter 4 today. Since starting to learn Japanese early this year, my goal was always to finish Harry Potter and the Philospher’s Stone by the end of 2020. So I hope to catch up with you all and join the discussion soon (for a chapter or two)!

4 Likes

The chapter 8 thread is up here!

We’ll spend 2 weeks on chapter 8 and then we’ll have 2 weeks of Christmas break. I’ll need that time to catch up for sure!

3 Likes

I didn’t see this before, I’m going to join you at chapter 8 :muscle::blush:

1 Like

Note that we’ve been given Christmas off for catch-up :smiley:

1 Like

Chapter 9 is up! ハリー・ポッターと賢者の石 - chapter 9

2 Likes

I forgot to create the chapter 10 thread on Sunday. Sorry! It’s up now.

Chapter 10

5 Likes

The chapter 11 thread is up!

Chapter 11

3 Likes

Time for chapter 12!

3 Likes

The chapter 13 thread is up!

4 Likes

The chapter 14 thread is up!

3 Likes

The chapter 15 thread is up!

3 Likes

I just found these beautiful covers and wanted to share with as many people as possible: Thai Re-release covers

4 Likes

The chapter 16 thread is up!

3 Likes

The chapter 17 thread is up! Last chapter!

3 Likes

I disappeared a few months ago because that’s my Japanese learning MO but I’m happy to report that I’ve finally finished reading this book! Couldn’t have done it without this and all the other book clubs on WK.

We still on for September and Chamber of Secrets?!

6 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

I have the book and started to read since yesterday. I’m very motivated to read since it’s one of my favourite childhood book^^ Even if I don’t understand every piece of kanji and word I’m sure I will enjoy this jouney :laughing: :blush:

4 Likes

Thanks for organizing this book club, @Marifly! :green_heart:

I was able to follow along for a few chapters :slightly_smiling_face:, but by end of 2020 I fell of the Japanese studies bandwagon :sleepy:… Well, if you miss the train, you can try and catch the next one, right? :steam_locomotive: Now seems like a good time to do that, and once again start reading this book! :smiley:

6 Likes

I’ve only read Chapters 1-3, part of 5, 6, and 12. I’m still listening to the Philosopher’s Stone audiobook several days a week. About once a month, I read part of a chapter in the written book. Now I can tell where in the book they are after listening for a bit, and then I find it in the text. Someday I will finish Harry Potter, and by then, I will possibly be able to converse comfortably in Japanese.

5 Likes