Let's decipher stylized kanji!

Considering this is the “read the kanji” thread and not the “identify the goshuin” thread, I’d thought I’d actually try reading the kanji on these. Plus, now we’ve got some seal script reading practice under our belts…

Some of the characters are Siddham - I’ve marked those with (s). I’m hoping I’ve marked correctly, and haven’t simply just decided everything I’m struggling to read is Siddham…

One more quick note: 卄 or 廿 is 二十 for lazy people in cursive, while 卅 or 丗 is 三十

Summary
Goshuin
Calligraphy 奉拝
平成丗年九月十九日
(s)千手尊
ふくおか大仏
東長寺
Seals 密教東漸最初霊場
(s)
別格本山東長密寺印
Goshuin
Calligraphy 奉拝
厳島神社
平成三十年九月二十二日
広島護国神社
平成三十年九月二十一日
Seals 厳島?神社 鯉城跡鎮座
広島護国神社
Goshuin
Calligraphy 奉拝
平成卅年九月廿二日
波切不動明王
大本山大聖院
薬師如来像
平成三十年九月二十二日
奉拝
Seals 明治天皇行在遺跡
(s)
真言宗大本山大聖院
日本 三辯天
厳島辯財天
大願寺印
Goshuin
Calligraphy 平成三十年九月廿二日
奉拝
(s)福聚海
三瀧寺
奉拝 平成卅年九月卄二日
虚空蔵菩薩
弥山本堂
Seals 中国三十番
安藝國三瀧寺
弘法大師御開基
(s)
宮島弥山
Goshuin
Calligraphy 射楯兵主神社
平成三十年九月二十四日
祈 安寧
兵庫縣姫路
護國神社
平成三十年九月二十四日
Seals 奉拝
播磨之國総社
明治維新百五十年
姫路護國神社
護國神社
Goshuin
Calligraphy 奉拝
平成三十年九月二十七日
南園堂
興福寺
奉拝
平成三十年九月二十六日
大悲殿
蓮華王院
Seals 世界文化遺産
(s)
??興福寺印
落陽十七番
蓮華王院
三十三間堂
Goshuin
Calligraphy 奉拝
氷室大神
平成卅年九月廿七日
奉拝
平成三十年九月二十七日
令興福力
興福寺
Seals 東山鎮守
平城氷室
氷室社務處印
世界文化遺産
(s)
??興福寺印
Goshuin
Calligraphy 奉拝
金龍神社
平成三十年九月二十七日
奉拝
春日大社
平成三十年九月二十七日
Seals 金龍神社 春日大社
平成三十年 御創建千二百五十年
Goshuin
Calligraphy 奉拝
平成三十年九月二十八日
舎利殿
金閣寺
奉拝
平成三十年九月二十七日
華厳
東大寺
Seals 世界文化遺産
鹿苑禪寺
金閣
東大寺大佛殿
Goshuin
Calligraphy 奉拝
大黒天
平成三十年十月六日
奉拝
平成卅年十月三日
医王殿
飛騨国分寺
Seals 浅草名所七福神
米櫃 大黒天
浅草寺印
聖武天皇勅願寺
(s)
中部四十九 薬師霊場第四十一番
飛騨國分寺
Goshuin
Calligraphy 奉拝
明治神宮
平成三十いち年四月十日
Seals 皇紀二千六百七十九年
明治神宮

Stuff I’m still unsure of:

• Itsukushima Shrine, I can’t find an example of this with the centre seal unobscured enough to actually read it.
  • For both of the Kofuku-ji ones, the first two kanji in the lower-left seal look like they should be easy, but I can’t work them out at all - the second, for example, appears to be 米+日+口+已, but no such kanji exists in Japanese or Chinese, or even similar kanji with just two of those components. I’m also not too sure about my claim that the last kanji is 印 either.
  • I’m really not confident about the lower-left seal for Himuro Shrine.
  • Kinryu Shrine, I honestly think the seal with the two dragons is a kanji, but I wouldn’t have the foggiest idea of what that might be. Maybe 龍.
  • Todai-ji, not completely confident that the calligraphy down the left side is 東大寺.
  • Senso-ji, can’t quite make out the second kanji in the central seal, but I suspect it’s archaic. Not completely confident what day of the month you visited either. Also, I literally just worked out that “Senso” is “Asakusa” in on’yomi, and I think it broke my brain a little bit.
  • Hida-Kokubun-ji, not the slightest clue what the big calligraphy reads.

Thanks to @ShinobuSagi for kanji suggestions.

3 Likes